• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Streaming Multiple Live Events to 1 EC2 Instance

New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we are new to the Flash Media Server world.  We are using this with Amazon EC2 integration.  We currently have a need to stream multiple streams from various locations at the same live event.  We have 3 stages we need to stream at a music festival.  How can we utlize streaming these different stages to one EC2 instance running Flash Media Server?  Currently it seems we are only able to generate one .m3u8 file with the cloudformation template.  Ultimately we'd like to have a playlist in our end player where our subscribers can access the multiple stages.  It seems this should be possible.  Any tutorials on how to do this with Amazon EC2, Cloudfront and Flash Media Server? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

groovetempletv wrote:

Hello, we are new to the Flash Media Server world.  We are using this with Amazon EC2 integration.  We currently have a need to stream multiple streams from various locations at the same live event.  We have 3 stages we need to stream at a music festival.  How can we utlize streaming these different stages to one EC2 instance running Flash Media Server?  Currently it seems we are only able to generate one .m3u8 file with the cloudformation template.  Ultimately we'd like to have a playlist in our end player where our subscribers can access the multiple stages.  It seems this should be possible.  Any tutorials on how to do this with Amazon EC2, Cloudfront and Flash Media Server? 

I'm not sure if you can sent multiple streams with one cloudfront instance. But in self-hosted FMS on a dedicated, you would have more flexibility to publish many streams with simply changing your streamfile id.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I have access to the server, so I could access what you are saying most likely.  Is that same when using Flash Media Encoder and changing the url with a new event name?  As far as cloudfront, I'm assuming there we would need to create additional cloudfront distributions for each stream.. But not sure how to do that per say and not sure if I would need more than one m3u8 file for our player (I'm assuming I would need more than one m3u8 file tho) .. Hope someone on here could lend some guidance.  Thanks so far for the insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured it out through hours of testing. Too simple actually.

Create your amazon fms stack.

in FMLE on each computer- make sure the stream has (anyname)?adbe-live-event=liveevent

The ?adbe-live-event=liveevent  is the key.

you can name the stream anything before the ? . (stage1?adbe-live-event=liveevent  on computer 1 , and  stage2?adbe-live-event=liveevent , on computer 2

The rtmp address is your 1 instance or server /livepkgr from your cloudformation stack not your instance.

(you must have this /livepkgr at the end of your rtmp. find it under cloud formation and the region you made it in.

Then use what ever rtmp player and put the differant streamer names in with the same rtmp address.

I use a player where clients can pick differant parts of an event broadcasting, just like your example.

Best of luck.

cartagenadaniel1973@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just remember the size of your instance. I read somewhere that the amazon .xlarge can do 1000mbs. So more than 1000 viewers at 1mbs stream will crash you server theoretically.

making multi FMS a better option. I think. I am new at this like you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines