Skip navigation
SamanthaR1226
Currently Being Moderated

Could not complete the video frames to layers command because the file could not be opened

May 14, 2013 4:55 PM

Tags: #cs6 #video_import

I recently learned to make gif images using KMPlayer and my Photoshop CS6, but today I hit a snag that I can't seem to get around. Normally I capture a scene from a show DVD I have in KMPlayer and then import the video frames into layers/frames in photoshop with no problem. Well today I went to do that, and captured the scene with what seemed like no problem (the small captured scene saved with no problem) but when I went to CS6 to import the video into layers, I got the error message "Could not complete the video frames to layers command because the file could not be opened". At first I thought it was the KMPlayer saving the files wrong, so I retried and got the same error message. Irestored the players settings back to a default and the file still wouldn't open in photoshop, and then I even tried uninstalling/reinstalling the player trying to get it to work, and then I thought it must be photoshop, because even scenes I had captured at an earlier day that worked perfectly fine when importing would not open.

What could possibly be causing this problem to occur. Should I uninstall/reinstall photoshop and see if that works, or am I doing something wrong?

The files I'm trying to import are AVIs as always, I even tried to capture scenes in other formats to no avail. What could be causing the problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2013 10:58 AM   in reply to SamanthaR1226

PS update? tartışma

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers