• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scheduled Task Not Running in ColdFusion 10 Developer

New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ColdFusion 10 Developer edition. It has update 10: version number is 10,10,10,284825. The server does not run scheduled tasks. If I choose "run" from the scheduled tasks window, it says "the scheduled task was completed successfully," but does not do anything. The task is supposed to create a log file. When I run the CFM file manually (by typing its location in the browser), it runs. What am I doing wrong? One more thing - the site uses https, and the certificate may be out of date. Could that prevent CF from reaching the page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure it would prevent CF from reaching the page.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, look in the CF logs. There maybe an explanation for what’s amiss.

Second, you say it’s “supposed to create a log file”. Do you mean you’re doing a CFLOG in the page being called? Or do you mean you have the cf admin set to log scheduled tasks? Or both. What does the schedule.log say is happening?

Third, do you have the scheduled task set to save its output to a file? If so, what does that file say?

Fourth, when you say you ran the URL in a browser, do you mean on the server? Or on your desktop? It would be important to run it on the server, to really equate to what CF would do.

Fifth, what happens if you run the URL in a CFHTTP in a test page on the server? If you output the cfhttp.filecontent variable, what does it show?

There are many reasons that a scheduled task could fail even though the same page “runs in a browser”. There’s an answer somewhere in one of these techniques.

Let us know what you find.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue as the OP.  Did you fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation