Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enable Commenting & Measuring in not working

Former Community Member

I am having pdf Dynamic XML Form(Interactive form). and trying to Enable Reader Extended Features.

I just go through the File --> Save As --> Reader Extended Features --> Enable Commenting & Measuring

But Option is not working. It is Clickable but nothting it prompts.

The same option is working in Old version of same form which is also Dynamic Xml Form(Interactive form).

Please Help.

Thanks in advance !!

9 Replies

Employee

What do you mean by "not working"? Is the document not reader extended?

Have you tried to open the reader extended document using Adobe Reader and tried to add an annotation/comment?

--Santosh

Former Community Member

Yes , I have tried in both pdfs. In Old version it is working very fine. When i go through File --> Save As --> Reader Extended Features --> Enable Commenting & Measuring Its  prompts to save another copy..

but in another it does not prompt.

Former Community Member

Actually , There we have three options

test1.JPG

3rd option (Enable Additional Features) is only working.

Employee

Aditya,

How is this PDF created? Is it using Adobe LiveCycle Designer? If yes, which version of Designer are you using?

Which version of Acrobat are you using to Reader Extend the PDF?

Do you intend to use LiveCycle server or do you just use LiveCycle Designer?

--Santosh

Former Community Member

Application maintained using Live Cycle Designe ES2 9.0 only (No server vesion).

and Adobe Acrobat Pro X

and Adobe Reader X too.

Employee

Aditya,

Are these two different documents? when you say old version is working fine what is the difference between these two PDFs?

if possible can you attach the file that you have problem in reader extending ? (You need to click use advance editor to see the file upload icon)

--Santosh

Former Community Member

Santosh,

Really thanks for your consideration.

Yes , i found the reason, the difference only is Old version is static pdf form and i also found that a no. of event are not working in this due to static functionality, which are passing very fine in Dynamic form.

But question is still there.Is Dynamic form(Xfa based) does not show Commenting & Measuring  functionality???

Former Community Member

Santosh,

Have a look at this thread also.. Need another solution from you.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1212399

Thanx..

Level 10

Commenting isn't supported in XFA forms.