Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to identify Flex objects using QTP 11

May 15, 2013 12:24 AM

Hi,

We are unable to recognize the Flex objects using QTP. We have followed the steps as mentioned in the Adobe documentation for compiling the flex application using compile time approach, but to no avail.

We tried several combinations to enable automation for our Client application, but we are still unable to identify the objects using QTP. The WebPage is identified as a single "WinObject - MacromediaFlashPlayerActiveX". We tried compiling the application with the following configurations:

1.    SDK v4.5, Flash Builder v4.5, Automation libraries v4.6.0
2.    SDK v4.5, Flash Builder v4.5, Automation libraries v4.5.1
3.    SDK v4.5, Flash Builder v4.5, Automation libraries v3.6.0

We tried the following QTP add-in versions:

1.    Flex add-in v4.5.0
2.    Flex add-in v4.0.0

Can anyone tell me the compatibility between the versions of the Flex add-in and SDK, FlashBuilder or Automation Libraries and how it affects the feasibility of the application?

Regards,

Arjun

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 21, 2013 4:23 PM   in reply to arjunvkit85

http://blogs.adobe.com/vikaschandran/2010/07/10/compatibility-matrix-f or-flex-qtp-plugin-3-0-0-and-4-0-0-for-qtp-and-ie-combinations/

Compatibility Matrix for Flex QTP plugin 3.0.0 and 4.6.0 for QTP and IE combinations

Pay attention to your IE options, especially security settings.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 3:15 AM   in reply to Jianfeng Sun

I have installed Flex plugin 4.5.0 for QTP 11 but it is not identifying any flex object which is Flex 3.3

Can anyone help here to get the right plu-in to automate Flex 3.3 components.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 11:45 AM   in reply to QTMan

Make sure your application has been recompiled with the right arguments provided by the addin.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 9:35 PM   in reply to Jianfeng Sun

I'm testing Oracle Taleo application. I do not have code to compile the application. I'm just having cloud based access to test the applciation. Please help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2014 8:46 AM   in reply to QTMan

If so, no Flex addin works for you, no matter addin from HP or Adobe, since both require access to application code. You can try UFT insight object or other automation testing tool with image virtual object feature.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2014 2:42 AM   in reply to Jianfeng Sun

Thanks for your input:)

I'll try to get the access to the app. code

Can u pl tell me once I get access to the application code how can I use that in QTP i.e. where should I mention the app. code path in QTP so that QTP automation lib. compiled flex application will be tested using QTP.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points