Skip navigation
Symbolic
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver FTP?

May 15, 2013 5:52 AM

Hello,

I am new to your Creative Cloud, so I'm just beginning to discover some of the ways things work with it.

My first question is about FTP in Dreamweaver: it seems to have a cumbersome "one or all" synch model. I

rarely ever wish to update ALL the files (or children) on a site. Usually just two or three select files

need to be transferred from the local production directory to the web server.

Does CC have an FTP utility something like WS_FTP, where individual files can be selected from a local

directory display and uploaded to the specified directory on the remote server?

Secondly, I have local services installed for PHP and MySQL: I'd love to integrate these with

Dreamweaver, but your instruction set is confusing at best. Can you give me a link to a clear,

staightforward howto?

It sounds like it can be done... if it can it is really a remarkable feature of CC.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2013 6:08 AM   in reply to Symbolic

Just for clarification, this is essentially a user to user forum. Actual Adobe reps do exist here, but are not on often. Most of the folks here are just software users like yourself.

Use the Synchronize command, rather than Put. Once the site has been Synchronized, the next time you make an edit and hit the Synchronize command, only the files that have been changed since the last sync will be uploaded.

The info you are looking for on running php and mysql locally can be found by searching for "setting up a testing server in Dreamweaver" there are tons of sites that have the instructions on how to do it. It's been part of DW for a long time.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 6:19 AM   in reply to Symbolic

Always work from a Defined Site within the Files window when you work in Dreamweaver. You will cause yourself no end of headaches if you don't.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 12:33 PM   in reply to Symbolic

Chat is run by Adobe Customer Support Agents.  They can help you with software activation, billing and subscription matters.   Technical support requires you to fill out a support ticket.

The Web Forums are mostly user-to-user. 

Adobe Help (F1) is regularly updated with articles to help you learn how to use your Adobe products.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points