Skip navigation
OdinDesign
Currently Being Moderated

Downsaving and keeping text editable

May 15, 2013 6:33 AM

Tags: #illustrator #text #editable #outline #downsave

Hi there!! recently I've designed a logo, and the problem is the following: I've desgined it in Illustrator CS6 and the text is fully editable, but when I downsave it to make it compatible with Illustrator 10, the text automatically outlines itself! how do I save it so the text remains editable and keeps the compatibility with the 10 version?? any help will be really appreciated!! Thanks a lot!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2013 6:45 AM   in reply to OdinDesign

OdinDesign,

There have been more than one change in the text engine between the two versions.

What about recreating the Type in 10 on top of the outlined type, then deleting the latter?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 7:12 AM   in reply to OdinDesign

OdinDesign,

You can no longer download 10, I wrongly assumed you had it.

... but when I downsave it to make it compatible with Illustrator 10, the text automatically outlines itself!

How have you reached that conclusion? If it is based on what happens when you open it in CS6, it is conceivable that the outlining may take place when it is (up)opened in CS6.

Kurt or someone else may tell.

Kurt, someone else?

Is there a reason for having it in 10, and more particularly for keeping it live there, out of your reach?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 8:57 AM   in reply to OdinDesign

are there any strokes or effects on the text not compatible with earlier versions?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 9:04 AM   in reply to OdinDesign

I set a line of type in an opentype font in  Mac CS6 saved as AI10, opened this in CS6 and the type was eiditable. Do you have some effects on this text that were not available in 10? 

Try to save as .eps, incase they will accept that.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points