Skip navigation
sherveyj1
Currently Being Moderated

AE11 AVCHD 1080p video support for Panasonic Lumix FZ200 - no audio on videos.

May 15, 2013 9:15 AM

I have jsut installed Adobe Elements 11 trail edition with latest updates on Win 7 64-bit.   I purchased a new camera Panasonic DMC-FZ200 which does 1080p video and stores file in AVCHD video format on the SD card.  I imported my photos/video first time from my new camera and AVCHD video files are playing ok but there is no sound coming from the video.

Importing them into Windows 7 and using local windows playback - it works perfect.

What is wrong with AE11? Or what to tweak...

Long time user of AE since version 3.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to sherveyj1

First, make sure you have the latest version of Quicktime from Apple.com.

Then, make sure you use Premiere Elements' Add Media/From Flip or Camera to get the video from  your camcorder to your computer. (The video will come in in an .mts format.)

Finally, make sure that your video is the first clip used on your timeline. This is important because the program uses the first clip on the timeline to determine its project settings. (You can check to make sure the project settings match your video format by looking at them listed under the Edit menu.)

There are a number of major limitations to the trial version, and it's possible that 1080p is one not available in it. But that shouldn't affect whether or not you hear the audio.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2013 7:48 AM   in reply to sherveyj1

When you plug in the SD card, try this test:

Copy the full folder structure from that SD card, including all files in that folder structure, to the computer's HDD (Hard Disc Drive). Then use Add Media to Import the media files within the folder structure. Be sure to let PrE 11 fully Conform and Index those files - depending on the speed of your computer and the size of the files, this might take a moment, or two - be patient. Does the Audio now play? This article goes into more detail: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3892177#3892177

Good luck, and please let us know if that gets your Audio into the Project.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2013 7:30 PM   in reply to sherveyj1

sherveyj1

Are you dealing with a PAL or NTSC project. For now I will assume NTSC.

As Hunt has suggested, transfer your video from the camera memory card to a computer hard drive location.

Using Premiere Elements 11 Windows Add Media, import the video file into the opened new project to get it into Project Assets and from there dragged to the Timeline Expert view. Then go to Edit Menu/Project Setting and determine if the project settings reflect the properties of your 1080p60 footage.

In the Premiere Elements workspace, do you see waves in Audio 1 content? If so, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware and ASIO settings to assure that everything that needs to be enabled is enabled.

If the situation remains the same, waves in the Audio 1 content, but no sound at playback of the Timeline in the Edit Mode monitor, then try deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

Make sure that you are working with Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active.

Please let us know if any of the above helped or whether the situation remains the same for your Panasonic footage in Premiere Elements 11 tryout, that is, video displayed but no audio heard and/or seen on Audio 1.

By the way, you are in the Expert view (not Quick view)?

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2013 8:14 PM   in reply to sherveyj1

sherveyj1

From Hunt's post #3, that appears to be "this is just a test" with the desired end result (however you do it) being your files on the computer hard drive.

Once there he is asking you to see if you can import them into Premiere Elements 11 with Premiere Elements 11's Add Media/Files and Folders to get them into Project Assets. From Project Assets you drag the file(s) to the Timeline Expert view.

Keep in mind that when Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 are on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organzier (catalog).

Please check out what you were doing in this regard using your Photoshop Elements 11...Please refer to...

Photoshop Elements 11 Elements Organizer

File Menu/Get Photos and Videos

From Camera or Card Reader

Elements Organizer - Photo Downloader

Advanced dialog should provide a field for you to designate you hard drive save location

Then, from that hard drive location where it appears that Hunt wants you to be, try to import those media into Premiere Elements 11 with its Add Media/Project Assets - to Timeline Expert view.

That is my read on this matter. As far as I know Hunt is preparing for travel so I took the liberty to answer here. Please review and consider what I have written.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points