Skip navigation
ravikhandelwal
Currently Being Moderated

not able to locate "php_test.sql from the assets folder in your PHP test site."

May 16, 2013 3:58 AM

Tags: #with #working #website #php #dreamweaver #dynamic #database #by #setup #sql #tutorial #first #david #powers

Hi,

I've been working with tutorial by David Powers, about setting up a php environment in DW

Down in the section "Creating a MySQL database and user account" is where I am facing an issue. I'm not able to locate any 'php_test.sql' file on my machine as there is no 'assets' folder on my machine. Moreover, I didn't find any 'PHP test site' folder inside the 'htdocs' folder, which I believe must have 'assets > php_test.sql' file. Can anyone please guide me whats wrong here, is it any setup related issue or i'm looking on a wrong location or I can download this separately from internet and put on desired location to have same output.

Additional information is that I've installed XAMPP in my D: drive, instead of C: drive which is the default drive of windows and other programs. Does this make any difference. I'm having Windows 7 32-bit on my machine. All installations gone successfully related to XAMPP and phpMyAdmin as mentioned in their respective articles. Please help me as I'm stuck over here and not able to move on further.

Thanks in advance!!!

Ravi

"surprised a lot, 51 views and still no reply...are my comments not clear or there is no solution for this. can any Adobe expert confirm this?"

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2014 6:45 PM   in reply to ravikhandelwal

Did you ever find an answer? I am having the same issue. Let me know if so. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2014 1:45 AM   in reply to ravikhandelwal

ravikhandelwal wrote:

Hi,

I've been working with tutorial by David Powers, about setting up a php environment in DW

Down in the section "Creating a MySQL database and user account" is where I am facing an issue. I'm not able to locate any 'php_test.sql' file on my machine as there is no 'assets' folder on my machine. Moreover, I didn't find any 'PHP test site' folder inside the 'htdocs' folder, which I believe must have 'assets > php_test.sql' file. Can anyone please guide me whats wrong here, is it any setup related issue or i'm looking on a wrong location or I can download this separately from internet and put on desired location to have same output.

Did you download the tutorial folder. That folder will or should contain the php_test.sql file and all the other files you need. It's no good looking for it in the htdocs folder unless you have downloaded the files which are provided with the tutorial and put them in the htdocs folder.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points