Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I get access to Encore 2.0

May 15, 2013 11:19 AM

Jeff, I have tried to contact support several times about this problem, and every time they send me back to the forum, even after I link them to this post, and send them this excerpt from above: "If the software title you have purchased is affected by the activation server being shut down, but is not available for download in the previously referenced pages, then please contact our support team at http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html."

I have Production Studio Premium (which is not available for download), but I downloaded all the components that were available and got them installed (after finding some alternate installation instructions), however, Encore DVD 2.0 is not available!

Others have posted about this too, with no response (see the original thread).  Where can I go to download or activate Encore DVD 2.0 or Production Studio Premium?

Branched from an earlier discussion. Branched to a new discussion.

Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2013 7:49 AM   in reply to mltsy

Mltsy do you have a case number from your interaction with our support team that I can reference?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 9:29 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi Jeff

I see someone else is having the same problem I am having w.r.t. installing Encore (and the same frustrations).

I have been in contact with technical support and have been given what I believe to be incorrect information: The reply I finally got was that I can get Encore up and running by installing Creative Suite CS2. Can you confirm my understanding that Encore is not in Creative Suite CS2 and that it is only in Production Studio Premium and if so can you indicate when this will be available (as per several request to Adobe over the last 5-6 months)? For your information the case number is 0210622368.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 11:24 AM   in reply to sih192_sn

Simon can you please send me a private message with your phone number and reference this discussion thread.  I will open a ticket and request a member of our support team contact you once I have your complete contact information.  Under your account you do not have your phone number listed.  Also it doesn't look like you have registered Production Studio Premium.  If you can please register your purchase copy as well I can then submit the request.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 6:27 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff, I too have Creative Suite  Production Studio Premium and can't find Encore DVD 2.0... I can supply the serial number if required.

My original ticket nument was #0210167971.

Just tried the Customer Service chat who sent me again the the CS2 download page where Encore  DVD2 2.0 isn't.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 9:35 AM   in reply to NickJDay

Thanks Nick and sorry for the inconvenience.  I have requested a member of our support team contact you.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 2:08 PM   in reply to mltsy

Joseph I have submitted a request for a member of our support team to contact you as well.

We have also updated our internal documentation so that future customers facing these issues should not have the same experience.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 2:32 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Thanks Jeff, got a call over night but can't quite make out the email address that was mentioned....my Answer phone i'snt the best in the world!

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 3:31 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

So I've read through this discussion and still don't see an answer to the initial question. I've tried 2 online chats and have been on hold by phone for 40 mins (was told it'd be only 3-5 mins). I had to reinstall the main C: drive and all programs on my computer. I reinstalled Encore 1.0 and the 2.0 upgrade. I can't activate the program to use it. I've been to the above links and Encore 2.0 isnt listed and not included in the CS2 download. Please help.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 3:43 PM   in reply to O,V

O,V you will want to work with our support team to resolve your current difficulties.  If you have a case number from your previous contacts I would be happy to review them.  Our internal documentation should be a lot clearer though so I would encourage you to contact our chat support again at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 4:08 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I've been on live chat 3 times and got no where. I was on hold on the phone for an hour and no one ever picked up. I just want to use the encore 2.0 that i bought with my XP. I see no solutions in the forum either.

Here is one of the case numbers they sent

thanks for any help you can provide.

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2013 8:15 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Well Jeff, the latest is:

This venture into Support is in addition and after the transcript above...An Adobe person rang, I went through the whole explaination, everything again.

Got  the speech about 'CS2 cannot be activated, the server shutdown etc... then shown to the CS2  download page, told to download Encore from there... I pointed  out that Encore was not there. A long wait, a very long wait then I was  told something like 'Encore is part of Creative Suite Production Studio  Premium',  I said "Umm, Yes, that is what I've got." that is what I say  at every oppertunity 'Creative Suite Production Studio Premium'.

Using  Adobe Connect he rummaged through my PC...he started CCleaner without  asking me first - which is a real, real nono.  I  thought Adobe  Connect   'shared my screen' facility only allowed him to see my screen  not use my PC, move the cursor and run programmes otherwise it wouldn't  have happened. And will not happen again.

Anyway,  eventually he said Encore was in VCS2.zip,  asked me to download  VCS2.zip....as it was taking some time, 45min accoring to the dialogue  box so I suggested he rang back in an hour, when the download had  finished...and to be honest I was not happy having someone with the ability to  remotely use my PC hanging about for an hour...I really have no idea  what other facilites that programme has so was I really, really glad he  agreed to ring back in an hour, that was about 2hrs ago.

VCS2.zip has finished downloading I've opened it and found its the 'Total Training' video.... so no wonder he hasn't rung back.

Just a thought, what is in CS_2.0_WWE_Extras_2.exe mentioned in the table at http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/creativesuite/CS2_EOL/MLTI/C S2_install_Win.pdf....because that is not on the CS2 download page. Encore DVD 2.0 maybe?

I've  just realise a problem...the name of the suite...I keep on saying I  have 'Creative Suite Production Studio Premium' on the sticker where the  serial number is it says 'Video Suites Premium'...is that confusing  everyone when the serial number is asked for?

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2013 8:37 AM   in reply to NickJDay

Vicki I have requested a member of our support team contact you using the e-mail address and phone number listed in your account.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 12:46 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Could someone from Adobe please contact me?

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 10:11 AM   in reply to NickJDay

Nick I am showing that your case was picked up on 5-21 but I have not seen any updates since then.  I have sent a message requesting an update and that you be contacted.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2013 6:45 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Thanks Jeff, I recieved an email from support.

Light at the end of the tunnel, thank you for your help through a frustrating time.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2013 12:50 AM   in reply to NickJDay

Im having the same frustrating problem about encore 2.0

The support tells me different things all the time, the latest was that Adobe will NOT provide with a downloading version of Encore 2.0, is that correct Jeff?

Please give me a YES or NO answer...

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2013 8:44 AM   in reply to Gurra_12_43

Mike it does not appear that you have your affected software registered under the account which the case was created under.  This is the same account which uses the e-mail address you have used to respond to this discussion.

If you can please register the affected software and update your contact information to include a phone number I can then request a member of our support team to contact you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2013 2:24 AM   in reply to mltsy

I have the same issue. I purchased the Adobe Creative Suite Production Studio Premium back in 2005 and am running it on XP on VMWare Fusion on my iMac. I downloaded Premiere and Audition from http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/ but Encore is missing. Why is this? What am I supposed to do?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2013 2:25 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I have read this thread and I don't have time to talk to six different people about this. How can I get a resolution on the same problem? I paid for the software, I would simply like to use it. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2013 9:33 AM   in reply to Arnold Constantinescu

Arnold please contact our support team at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our internal documentation is fairly clear on the resolution for users who are unable to download the software because it is unavailable.  If for some reason the support agent is referring you back to the forum please ask them to review their documentation.  Also feel free to post a case number from your interaction to this discussion thread.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2013 12:11 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff

As I said before I have already been in contact with the support team, like many others here, what would be the difference this time?

Will you or will you not give us a encore 2.0 version that we can use (download)?

I have paid for this software and can´t use it, I simply want to use it.

Why can you not give an answer here?, all the time you just say bla bla bla and that "our support team will contact you"

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2013 1:57 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff, Thank you. I followed your advice. I had to post your reply after they tried to return me to forums. After asking them to check their documentation again, and with your help, I actually got a phone call, and part of the process solved. Now I'm just waiting for a final phone call to resolve it completely.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2013 7:16 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff,

I just received a call to give me the serial number for the software. Thank you so much for your help,

Arnold

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to mltsy

Thanks Mltsy and yes you are correct.  We have updated our internal documentation to help make it more clear for the support agents which you are working with that they should be fullfilling your request.  I apologize for the inconvenience. 

If you still are being denied then please post your case number to this discussion thread.  If you can also verify that your contact information and Production Studio Premium is registered to your account as well it will help streamline the process of setting up a call back if necessary.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2013 12:20 PM   in reply to mltsy

Ok Mltsy ill try and se if someone will call me.

Hi Jeff, I have updated my contact information with phonenumber, ill leave it here aswell:

<Removed by Moderator>

Here is my case numbers:

Since you have solved the problem for other persons here, im looking forward to here from someone that really can help me use Encore 2.0 again.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2013 12:23 PM   in reply to Gurra_12_43

Gurra_12_43 it doesn't look like you have Production Studio Premium 1.0 registered to your account.  Please make sure to have the serial number available and if possible please register the software prior to our support team contacting you.

I have updated your account with the phone number listed in your message and edited your message as this is a public forum.  For future viewers of this thread please do not post your phone number but ensure that the phone number is listed under your account at Adobe.com.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2013 10:37 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I've done all the steps and now I need a serial number for CS3. Can you please have someone look into my case and either email the number or phone me? I'm eager to get this finalized so that I can complete my video project. thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2013 10:52 AM   in reply to O,V

O,V have you already contacted our support team?  If so can you please provide your case number?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2013 11:04 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

The only case number i can find is 0184336109 which I had posted in this discussion earlier. Someone from adobe called a few weeks ago and i wrote down the instructions but have only just had the chance to try it.

I get all the way through to needing the serial number for cs3 master collection... and that's where i'm stuck.

i'm on chat now with adobe but they are no help. keep telling me the same blurb I heard several times a few weeks ago which got me no where.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2013 12:46 PM   in reply to O,V

O,V I have submitted a ticket asking for a member of our support team to contact you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 5:46 PM   in reply to O,V

O,V,

I would highly appreciate if you could let us know the suitable time frame for tomorrow or day after, so that we can call you and work on the issue.

Sarika

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 6:28 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff, I have the same problem (can't re-activate Encore 2.0) and just been given the run-around by a chat agent who told me to go to the forums and ask for an answer there!!!

So clearly these new instructions don't work.

Can you just post a working new activation code for us all or something?

Or actually get Encore 2.0 added to the list of stuff you can download on the "CS2 is not supported for activation any more" page? (I've got another copy of P-Pro from there, just need to fix my Encore issue.

DonF

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 11:21 AM   in reply to donferg

Don do you have a case number I can review?  Also is your contact information up to date under your account at Adobe.com?  You will want to also ensure that this is the same account which your recent support case is available.

Also you are welcome to reopen your recent support case within your account as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 4:52 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff – I haven’t actually managed to speak to a real person on this issue, so have no case number. Nor do I want to pay for expensive calls to the US in the middle of my night (I’m in  Australia).

My contact info and past products registered are correct at Adobe.com.

It’s a long story, but I tried re-activation by phone, got re-directed to the US, then got a recorded message which said use the website (www.adobe.com/go/activation) which then pointed me at the CS2 download area, which doesn’t contain Encore, so I tried the CHAT function.

First guy there said he couldn’t help and I should try the forums(!)

That then led me to this forum message trail, which of course gives no solution, but proves I’m not alone in this shambles

Based on your comments at item #21, I tried CHAT again; 2nd guy gave me the same run-around, so I pointed him at this forum message trail and the comments at #21, 26.  He then decided to seek help elsewhere, but I have no idea if that will ever produce an answer.

His other ‘solution’ was to buy a current copy of Encore, but as it only runs on 64-bit Windows (which he seemed unaware of, and which would create other problems for me) that is not a solution.

Would even be happy to pay for a CS3 or CS4 version of Premiere-Pro+Encore if I could find them.

At the moment the Sony Vegas products are looking like a good way to go to get out of this Adobe mess permanently.....

Don

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 4:58 PM   in reply to donferg

Don it appears your already case 211070010 has already been escalated.  The last update was from yesterday July 1, 2013.  You can access your support case under your account http://www.adobe.com/.  If there is any additional information you think is important to be added to the case then please feel free to update your case accordingly.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 5:16 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Thanks Jeff – yes, looks like the 2nd CHAT guy created this support case.  My address is wrong in my profile, but have fixed that AGAIN just now...

Don

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2013 12:18 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Well its nearly a month and case 211070010 is still waiting for its 3 day response.......zzzzz...

In the mean time I have wasted $$s on buying a CS4 version of PremierePro in the mistaken belief that that would get me out of jail - and of course Encore CS4 craps out every time you start with a 'videclip.cpp-275' message for which there seems to be no fix.  So that was a great step forward....

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)