Skip navigation
Joe McTighe
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CS6 Crashes at Startup with OS 10.8.3

May 15, 2013 11:10 AM

Tags: #cs6 #mac_os_10.8 #indesign_crashing

Bought new iMac and migrated CS6 but found that InDesign would crash at start-up and updates from Adobe Application Manger would not install.  Decided to uninstall entire CS6 package and reinstall from my disc, but ran into the exact same problems.  All other CS6 programs seem to work fine; just InDesign and and the updates are the problem.  All my update attempts yield this:  Error Code: U44M1I210. 

My InDesign crash report on Console reads: The function `CGSFlushWindow' is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete function, and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system performance. Please use `CGSFlushWindowContentRegion' instead. 

Please help.  I have projects that have to get done!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2013 11:33 AM   in reply to Joe McTighe

I can't find anything definitive about CGSFlushWindow. I susggest you uninstall again, then run the clean tool (CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3) and restart in safe mode before attmepting to reinstall.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 12:06 PM   in reply to Joe McTighe

It suggests the prefs, and maybe some other files are corrupt.

Go back tot he first account, trash the prefs (Replace Your Preferences) and delete the files in John's list at Adobe Forums: InDesign crashes at startup

Do you know how to find hidden files in your user library? If not, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 12:36 PM   in reply to Joe McTighe

If it works in a new user, the problem is not in ID, but in the user account that fails, so unless the uninstall removes all of the user data (and you can tell ID to remove user prefs on uninstall, which might do it), it won't make a difference. Did you show the hidden files when searching for John's list?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 1:31 PM   in reply to Joe McTighe

You can try renaming the Adobe folder in your user account....

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 2:05 PM   in reply to Joe McTighe

The Adobe folder in your main account. The object is to remove any Adobe user data for that account and let the apps rebuild it clean.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 2:40 PM   in reply to Joe McTighe

No. Your user library. You want to remove user settings, not the application.

I'm a Windows user, so I have an aggregate Adobe folder, but you may not on Mac. Look in ~/library/preferences and ~/library/caches and rename and folder named Adobe InDesign or Adobe without an associated application name.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 4:49 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

You might want to check permissions onthe library folders. See http://forums.adobe.com/message/5324401

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points