Skip navigation
tmoehlmann1
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a 'simple' DVD menu without a theme and that all the menu selections are on one page?

May 15, 2013 11:47 AM

Tags: #premiere_elememts_11

I am using Premiere 11 and want to add a DVD menu, but all the templates force 4 screens...I want 'play movie' or show a choice to go to 'part 2' 'part 3' or 'part 4'.....all to show these choices on the SAME initial main menu, not have to click 'next' to see an option for 'part 2', then next again to see 'part 3' and so on.  I looked at several themes to look for this, but all had multiple screens.    I hope this makes sense.   I already have my main menu markers in place, although I couldn't get it to let me freeze a frame for the thumbnail...those options were grayed out.   Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2013 12:58 PM   in reply to tmoehlmann1

To accomplish this you would need to create a custom menu template, which is no easy task.

All of the menu templates have two levels of menus. The main menu includes a play button, an "extras" button (most of the time) and a button linking to the scene menu. The scene menu has 3 or 4 links to scenes in your movie. But no template includes the scene selection on the main menu.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 1:10 PM   in reply to tmoehlmann1

tmoehlmann1

Have you seen my recent discussions with texasjefe on this type of subject

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1199360?tstart=90

The single page menu that was detailed there went into the text button type with highlight rather than the thumbnail type button with highlight, but can be done for either using one of the Adobe DVD Templates as the starting point.

Please check out the finalized detailed in post number 17 of that thread.

What are you aiming for DVD-VIDEO Standard or DVD=VIDEO Widescreen (NTSC or PAL)? With DVD Widescreen there is a problem with the number of buttons that you can get on one menu.

So, how many buttons do you want to get on your single page main menu?

For an introduction to the problems, please check out my blog post on that referenced in post #17 of the texasjefe thread.

Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification on anything that I have written.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 2:32 PM   in reply to tmoehlmann1

tmoehlmann1

OK, if you are willing, here is the easiest plan I can think of for now for one page menu with a Play All button and 5 other buttons, each of the 5 representing one of 5 features in the presentation.

Getting a one page menu with 5 buttons for your features is easy. We can just switch the Main Menu and the Scene Menu for a given DVD Template Theme which already has 5 or more buttons per page for the Scene Selection page. That just involves file renaming. Easy. The complications enter for you with regard to getting a Play All button into the scenario.

Please re-read the details for creating a Play All button for a one page menu in my blog post to which I referred you. Do you have Photoshop CS or higher? If not, do you have some version of Photoshop Elements?

I will work with you on this unless you have other avenues to pursue. I will streamline the details in the blog post to be specific for what you want to do. By any chance do you have access to Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1? That version had the perfect menu for you, Generic One....no extra work involved, just use main menu markers on the Timeline for your one page menu which is typically characterized by the presence of a Play All

button.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers