Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PSE 11 Organizer - Folders or Albums - I can see one, or the other, but not both.

May 15, 2013 11:52 AM

How can I see both my Folders and my Albums?  I can toggle back and forth by clicking on the Folders pins, but I'd like to be able to see both so I can select a folder & then drag images into an album.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2013 12:43 PM   in reply to SK Prairie Chicken

What's the problem ?

You choose a folder in 'Folders' view, select all (Ctrl A), toggle to 'My folders' view and drag all to the selected album.

If you choose a folder in 'My folders' view (the relevant folder view as seen by the database), 'My folders' and 'Albums' are seen displayed together uncollapsed.

You don't move 'folders', you move files in a folder (all or a selection) to an album which is a virtual definition of a set of images. To move files, you must have selected them, maybe that is your problem ?

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,867 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    May 15, 2013 1:17 PM   in reply to SK Prairie Chicken

Whilst in the folder select your photos.

Click the two yellow pins at the top of the folder tree to close.

Now drag the selected photos to your chosen album.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 9:43 PM   in reply to SK Prairie Chicken

Flat folder view as you see it in right panel, along with album listing, is same as the folder tree view that you see on clicking the small icon next to My Folders label. So you can select a folder from the flat folder list and drag drop album from the same panel on its media.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,867 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    May 16, 2013 6:35 AM   in reply to SK Prairie Chicken

It is possible to have both folders and albums showing together in PSE11. Just make sure both pull-down icons are pointing down (see image)

Fold&albums.png

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2013 7:13 AM   in reply to SK Prairie Chicken

SK Prairie Chicken wrote:

I'm sorry Andaleeb, I don't understand.  I tried trying to drag an album to the folders & it doesn't work if that was what you were suggesting. 

Andaleeb wrote : "So you can select a folder from the flat folder list and drag drop album from the same panel on its media" ;

In more detail,

the flat folder list is the 'My folder' lower left panel.

the album in the same (left) panel (top of panel)

you click and drag the album name to the (relevant) media, that is on the selected (highlighted) media thumbnail in the working (central) panel.

What is implicit here is that you have either to select all pictures of the folder first (Ctrl A) or select only a number of files.

As I said in my first answer, you don't move folders to albums or albums to folders, you select files in a folder (all or a selection) and put them in an album either in dragging the album name to the selected files, or the selected files to the album name.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,867 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    May 16, 2013 7:35 AM   in reply to SK Prairie Chicken

OK I guess you are using iPhoto which is why you have all those strange folders relating to the iPhoto library masters and thumbnails.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2013 9:58 PM   in reply to SK Prairie Chicken

Please try Find >> All Missing files and then once missing files show up, delete them by selecting all. This will remove corresponding folders too.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points