Skip navigation
mbirame
Currently Being Moderated

Timeline bitrate too high error

May 15, 2013 8:14 PM

Tags: #transcode_settings

Hi folks,

I am new here, so hopefully I am asking in the right place.  I am new to Encore, and trying to understand this error, as it makes no sense to me.  I have a .m2v video file that is 4:30 long.  720x480.  29.97 fps. 180MB.  It plays for me at decent quality on my computer.  When I open the file in Bitrate Viewer, I see an average bitrate of 5499 kbps with a peak of 5810 kbps. 

I have that video on a timeline in Encore, and three audio tracks that the viewer can choose from.

The audio files are .ac3 using Digital Dolby only at 192kbps.  When I go to build the DVD, I see a "timeline bitrate too high" for that timeline if I try and build in Encore...  What the heck am I missing?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2013 5:59 AM   in reply to mbirame

It seems that Bitrate viewer does not always get things right, sadly.

5810 + 192 + 192 + 192 = 6236, which is well under the spec limitation of 10.08Mbps for the full multiplex.

Are you absolutely certain that the transcode setting is not set to PCM, by any chance?? I did this once & it took me a whole day to work out where I had screwed up.......

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 17, 2013 12:05 AM   in reply to mbirame

mbirame wrote:

Yes, I am certain.  I first tried this with PCM (.wav) files as the math still seemed like it would go lower than 9.6 Mbps.  I then tried with the 192's. 

3 PCM files would indeed have tripped the error.

I wonder if Encore is still thinking there are PCM audio streams instead of DD?

Can you please try killing the project & starting over with just the AC3?

Alternatively it may help to delete all cache files as it is quite possible the PCM are still the referred files here

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points