Skip navigation
CplMetro
Currently Being Moderated

JVC HD Everio GZ-EX255 Vs PE 10

May 16, 2013 1:25 AM

I have just purchased a JVC HD Everio GZ-EX255  camera. My computer (windows 7)  can recognize it but PE  11 will not when I try to capture I have tried every option to capture but always get the message no HDcamera can be found.The camera is connected to computer USB to USB. As I can't find any information on capturing to video editing programmes in the cameras manual I feel maybe my problem is at the camera end. so I guess my question is should I be able to capture to PE 11 with this camera.Thank you Ken Smith Darwin.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2013 5:15 AM   in reply to CplMetro

You do not capture video from a hard drive or storage camcorder. You download it.

Attach the camcorder by USB to your computer and use Premiere Elements' Add Media/From Flip or Camera tool (the Video Importer) to get the video from the cam to your computer.

Part 2 of my 8 part Basic Training tutorial series for Premiere elements shows you how.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2013 8:07 AM   in reply to CplMetro

CplMetro

Could you please clarify.

Your thread title asks about Premiere Elements 10 Windows, but you refer to Premiere Elements 11 Windows in the body of your thread question. Please confirm what version of Premiere Elements is involved in your issue.

By the way, what are the properties of your source media...frame size, frame rate, file extension, etc?

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 5:43 AM   in reply to CplMetro

Can you please give us more details?

For instance, can you open Windows Explorer and see if the camcorder shows up on it?

It could be that you just don't have your camcorder configured for your USB connection.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 7:18 AM   in reply to CplMetro

CplMetro

Thanks for the clarification.

As per SG's request for more details, I would be looking for:

a. Camera setting for this USB transfer from camera to computer/Premiere Elements 10

Does the camera have a USB Mass Storage setting? What are the properties of your files...are you transferring 1080p50 or other? Are you transferring from the camera's built in flash memory or a SDXC/SDHC/SD memory card?

b. What have you set as the Premiere Elements 10 project preset in the New Project Dialog...if PAL area and media = 1080p50, PAL DSLR 1080p/DSLR 1080p25 or other? Premiere Elements 10 does not have a project preset for 1080p50, Premiere Elements 11 does. But that is another story.

c. What have you set for Get Media? "Flip, AVCHD, Cameras, Phones or Removal Drive", and are you in the Video Importer dialog where you get the message

no HDcamera can be found

Or are you in the Capture Window for the HDV Camcorder choice?

Occasionally the above USB route mentioned above does not work for a given camera to Premiere Elements. Can you transfer your JVC media to the computer hard drive and then from there use Premiere Elements 10 Get Media/Files and Folders to import the media into a Premiere Elements project?

We all will be watching for the further details to help us to help you.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2013 7:44 AM   in reply to CplMetro

CplMetro

Thank you for your follow up and the good news that you identified and solved your issue related to setting the Source in the Video Importer of the Add Media/"Flip, AVCHD, Cameras, Phones or Removal Drive"

PE11 Video Importer.JPG

Good job with your troubleshooting.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points