Skip navigation
cjburns1977
Currently Being Moderated

Keyboard shortcut for adjusting exposure causes image to black out for a short time.

May 16, 2013 6:29 AM

Tags: #module #keyboard #shortcut #develop #lr4 #lightroom4

Hi everyone,

I have always used the mouse and slider for adjust things in the develop module. I know started using the keyboard shortcuts for faster editing as sugested by everyone and I do like it.  My problem is when i adjust any slider with the + or - keys my picture completely blacks out for a moment then comes back with the adjustment made.  This is frustrating and completely defeats the purpose of using keyboard shortcuts for speed. 

The only changes I made is I upgraded from a very old dell dimensions computer to a new alienware X51 computer.  I am using lightroom 4.4 64bit and a HDMI connection to my monitor. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks for your time.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 19, 2013 12:43 AM   in reply to cjburns1977

Cj,

My guess that there is some other hot keys attached to '+' & '-' keys on your keyboard.

Try to put your system in clean boot and try to launch Lightroom and see if the issue still occurs.

If you dont get the issue any more go ahead and isolate the app which is causing issue by following divide and rule method on the apps.

-Mandhir

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points