Skip navigation
muller365
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Bridge, SkyDrive Pro, and .BridgeLabelsAndRatings file

May 16, 2013 9:08 AM

Tags: #bridge

The .BridgeLabelsAndRatings file seems to cause problems for SkyDrive Pro due to invalid characters. Can the location of this file be changed? Or, can the filename be altered via preferences? It's annoying to see the sync errors from SkyDrive whenever a rating or labels changes. I'm hoping I can move the file or change a preference to be something like "store labels and ratings in a one place (global) vs. per folder"...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2013 12:34 PM   in reply to muller365

Hi there, because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Bridge General Discussion forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2013 2:10 PM   in reply to muller365

You can't change the name of the file because then Bridge would not recognize it anymore and it would become unusable.

That said, I can't manage to get such a file, (I'm on a Mac). I usually have my Raw files converted to DNG that writes all metadata in the file itself instead of a separate XMP file and therefor tried it also with CR2 raw files from Canon but how many rating and labels I apply to them the data is only written to the XMP sidecar.

Also tried to changes ACR prefs to use central database instead of sidecar XMP but no rate and label file will appear.

By default Bridge is set to not show hidden files and the file you mention is a hidden file (use menu view / show hidden files). I do have same sort of files called .BridgeSort and .DS_Store and if I choose to export cache to folder I get also a .BridgeCache and a .BridgeCacheT file.

So my guess is that SkyDrive Pro sees them as kind of an extension because of the dot in front of the name (A wild guess, can't check because I only have Office for Mac installed).

If the other files do sync without problems then I would start with reseting Bridge Prefs (hold down control key when restarting Bridge and choose reset preferences) but if this is not helping then your first goal would be preferences of SkyDrive and see if you can change something there or contact Microsoft tech support because it is Sky Drive that fails you.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2013 6:46 PM   in reply to muller365

Bridge does not work well on a network.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers