Skip navigation
sremiger2
Currently Being Moderated

Running Photoshop without being logged in

May 16, 2013 1:23 PM

Tags: #photoshop #automation

I have an application that needs to convert .psd files to .jpg files

I have everything working within the program, but the program cannot run without somebody being logged in.  Photoshop appears to not run unless somebody is logged in.

Is there a will to get Photoshop to run when nobody is logged in to the desktop.  I would like to get this scheduled to run automatically.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2013 3:18 PM   in reply to sremiger2

Are you trying to get an application to run while no one is logged on to the computer? Applications (including but not limited to Photoshop) do not run unless someone is signed in.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,510 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 17, 2013 9:21 AM   in reply to sremiger2

Keep in mind that you provide login credentials in a scheduled job, which essentially logs in the specified user for the duration of the job.

But I don't know if components of Photoshop can be run without a user being interactively logged-in to the console.  There are parts of the initialization that are dependent on the GPU, for example, and that may not be available to a batch job that isn't associated with the console.

What happens when you try?  Are you seeing messages in the Application Event Log?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points