Skip navigation
jeffwebb6897
Currently Being Moderated

I need to create a pie with a cut out of it...

May 16, 2013 2:24 PM

I need to create a clean, crisp logo as follows:

5minutewebs_16may2013_300x150.png

Even though it is a transparent background, there is a white sporatic outline around the type and the circle.  I need to create one pie where the cout out portion is transparent and another where it is colored.  It took days to do just the above which is abismal.  I painted with white and used the eraser to create the cut out and used the line tool to shape up the triangular sides.  Trying to create a crisp curve at the top of the cut out has proved impossible.  Believe me... put this on a colored background and blow it up a bit and its very amateurish.

Help!

Thanks,

Jeff

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2013 2:46 PM   in reply to jeffwebb6897

You can create this pie logo using the radial raster tool (see manual on how to set its options) and then the shapebuilder tool to combine and delete the shapes.

I don't understand the part with the white lines around text ... could you show?

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2013 3:24 PM   in reply to jeffwebb6897

THis happens when you save the file as a GIF, right?

You need to select green as the background color, so the anti-aliasing can be rendered correctly.

If you don't know the background color in advance, you can't use GIF, but must use PNG instead. It can contain alpha transparency.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2013 3:46 PM   in reply to jeffwebb6897

You need to select the PNG 24 and check "transparency" of course. then everything that's transparent in the file will stay so in the PNG.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2013 4:39 PM   in reply to jeffwebb6897

You're welcome, Jeff.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers