Skip navigation
Erinzell02
Currently Being Moderated

Opening Adobe Photoshop Elements 11- Makes my computer crash

May 16, 2013 2:55 PM

I installed Photoshop Elements 11 on my computer last month & everytime I open it my computer crashes and I get the "blue screen of death".  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail.  It typically crashes right as it tries to open the program, however, I was able to get into it twice, but it crashed after a few minutes.  Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2013 3:15 PM   in reply to Erinzell02

Hi there, because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Photoshop Elements forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

To help others help you, please read through this article and provide any additional relevant details.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2013 11:01 PM   in reply to Erinzell02

Try these tips:

1. Close Elements.

2. Launch the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen and hold down ctrl + alt + shift as you click Edit.

3. Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box asking if you want to delete Photoshop Elements settings file; click Yes. Elements will open with default preferences.

OR

GO to Edit->Preferences and you will see Reset Preferences on next launch

Click this button to ensure that all product preferences are reset to default settings when Elements Editor is restarted next. Available at Preferences > General.

Thanks,

Garry

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points