Skip navigation
marcosmatm
Currently Being Moderated

after reopen a doc, all the gradients i use on vector shapes change the colors

May 16, 2013 3:46 PM

Tags: #vector #cs6 #shape #phothoshop

when i reopen a doc with vector shapes on cs6 the shapes that have a gradient change the colors to a gradient made of the foreground and background colors that i had set in that moment:( like all the gradients turn grayscale, ussually or any other 2 color combination i had. i dont want to rasterize or convert to smart objects the vector shapes.

i think im saving the gradients in a wrong way or something, so if someone can clarify this to me it will be really helpfull

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2013 4:16 PM   in reply to marcosmatm

I'm not able to reproduce. Here is what I tried:

1. Create a new document

2. Change the foreground and background colors (blue/red...)

3. Add a vector rectangle

4. Change the File to Gradient, select the Foreground/Background gradient. Rectangle is now red and blue.

5. Save and close the file.

6. Set to default colors (black and white)

7. Reopen the file.

The shape layer still has the same colors as when I closed it, it is not effected by changes I made while the file is closed. Nor can I change the colors of the gradient simply by changing the foreground and background colors. I have to reapply the gradient for it to update with my current swatches.

What are your exact steps?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2013 5:05 PM   in reply to marcosmatm

It's a known thing. See CS6 Gradient fills on shapes different after reloading?

Possibly, it happens in the Mac versions but not Windows versions of Ps since it happens on my Mac but not on Noel's PC.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points