Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 10 can not upgrade to Plus Memeber can not download Templates help?

May 16, 2013 6:10 PM

I notice when I want to create an instant movie, I have a number of templates I can use.  There are extra ones I can access if I am a Plus Member.  The problem is the form they want you to fill out to become a plus member is the same form that Photoshop uses because the two programs share the same one organizer.  The data storage for Photoshop has been closed and replaced with Revere.  I can understand that, its all about the move toward cloud storage.  My problem is that when Photoshop closed they closed the form I needed to become a Plus Member.  The clips that a plus member can use are labeled with a gold ribbon on the upper right side.  This ribbon indicates that your computer needs to download the template to work in your instant movie.  I have found one partial solution to the problem at web site http://www.adobe.com/special/premiereel/downloads/  this page has all the downloads for Adobe Premiere  Elements 10.  The gold ribbon on my display has now turned to blue, when I click on it I get sent back to the Photoshop sign on screen for Plus members that dosent work because it is closed.  I think my program dose not have a link to the new downloaded software, that is my guess, however I do not know how to fix this, the downloaded software appears to be compressed and once I open that, I have about 500 files of data that I have no idea what to do with.  What a FUBAR, anyone got any suggestions?  Thanks, Moonpie.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2013 8:08 PM   in reply to moonpie001

moonpie001

You can get all or most of those Plus Members Only Templates "free" by upgrading to Premiere Elements 11. As far as I can tell, most if not all the Plus Members Only Templates are now found in Premiere Elements 11 as part of the available to all Content.

Premiere Elements 11 Content is another story. No more Content disc for those who opt to purchase Premiere Elements 11 in Adobe packaging. Now all need to download Content if it is wanted. For Premiere Elements 11, you download the Content from within the opened project and files essential to the asset are automatically placed in their Premiere Elements 11 home on the computer hard drive.

With this switch from photoshop.com to Revel, I suspect the fate of that Plus Members Only Content may be sealed with photoshop.com exits. I have not seen Adobe Revel jumping in with Revel Members Only Content and I suspect not.

That is my take on the situation. I have no insider information to offer, just observations.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 5:45 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

You are correct that Adobe has shuttered Photoshop.com, and its features are either no longer available or have been moved elsewhere.

You may want to contact Adobe about any refund you feel you are due.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 6:35 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

SG

I think that you wanted to address

You may want to contact Adobe about any refund you feel you are due.

this to moonpie001?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2014 7:12 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

I have the same problem. I just want to access the theme that I have used for the past three years for my wife's fourth grade end of year video. She is a fourth grade teacher. The theme works very with with the title she uses: All Stars.

I find this all very disheartening and insensitive on Adobe's part because we are small users with few demands and I feel we are paying for the lousey decisions Abobe is making to "force" everyone to cloub use and subscription payments. If there is no solution, I may just change to Nero. (He said in disgust.)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2014 7:43 PM   in reply to phenning01

phenningo01

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What specific disc menu theme are you referring to? Is it the Entertainment/Performance Star one? I do not seem to find an "All Stars" one.

Please clarify. I am not seeing why Performance Star, if that is the one, should not be available to you.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2014 8:29 PM   in reply to phenning01

Unfortunately, Adobe has curtailed their Photoshop.com memberships, and all that went with them.

Photoshop.com has been replaced by Adobe Revel, but there are many differences. See this forum list, for more information: http://forums.adobe.com/community/revel

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2014 8:41 PM   in reply to phenning01

phenning01

Again, membership with Adobe Revel will not gain you the menus that you seek. Adobe has opted to included many if not all of the photoshop.com plus members only group of menus in Premiere Elements 11 and 12 (no strings like photoshop.com).

You do not have to be an Adobe Revel member to use Premiere Elements 11 and 12.

I wrote a similar message in another thread just now and hope that you received the message in both places.

Thank you.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2014 8:44 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR.

You are correct. Adobe Revel will not replace the old, discountinued Adobe Photoshop.com Plus. Those differences are covered in the Revel sub-forums.

Adobe Photoshop.com Plus is no more. It has been discontiuned, so any Additonal Functional Content is no longer available.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2014 8:53 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

Thanks for the reply. As I wrote in the other thread to you regarding this matter....

Hunt

I just wanted to make sure that phenning01 was perfectly clear on Adobe Revel association with versions of Premiere Elements later than 10. In spite of FAQs, essentials can be missed on a first read that may have consequences later.

And, I have found out first hand that what Adobe Revel offers and does not offer is often hard to come by, FAQs and Forum. I found that to be particularly the case in trying to sort through Adobe Revel presence in Premiere Elements 12 Add Menu and Publish+Share/Private Web Album.

ATR.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2014 7:47 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

I am using Premiere 10. Unfortunately, I am not in a financial position to upgrade to 12 and are on a VERY tight budget.

The name of the theme is "Picture Cube". After reading some of the other responses, I am resigned to the fact that Adobe has taken it away and there is little I can do about it due my financial situation.

Thanks for responding.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2014 8:49 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

You are correct. Revel, while replacing some aspects of Photoshop.com, is not a direct replacement, and the old Photoshop.com Plus material is not offered. I am unaware of that material being offered anywhere, but many Plus users complained that there was not much of use anyway.

Unfortunately, the OP wishes to use something from that old add-on, and I have no idea where any of that material might be downloaded now. Someone might have archived it, but I have never seen reference to it.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2014 9:30 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Message received. Thank you for the information.

Your info and the other answers have cleared the situation up for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2014 9:32 AM   in reply to phenning01

No guarantees, but you could install the trial version of PRE12, download the Picture Cube theme and copy the files across to the version 10 folders. It MAY work. If you try it please post the results - does / or  not work.

Here's where they are in PRE12:

1.png

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2014 1:13 PM   in reply to nealeh

I gave this a try. It looks like the trial version downloads the theme every time you open the file. Only a couple of themes actually were saved to my computer. The rest of the themes are available, but they seem to download new from the internet every time I open the file.

I followed the path you included but it doesn't exist. I did find the Movie Theme folder (this is the category it is listed in the trial version) but there are no themes to be found. I also search for "Picture Cube" and came up empty.

I imagine that you could copy the files from a real install and transfer them.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points