Skip navigation
premiere-user-v11
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 11 - online-content-download not working

May 16, 2013 9:46 PM

Download of online-Content (movie-menues etc.) is not working. Are the Servers down?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 17, 2013 11:09 AM   in reply to premiere-user-v11

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 11:15 AM   in reply to premiere-user-v11

Welcome to the forum.

What browser is listed as your default?

Are you getting any error messages, or is it that the Additonal Functional Content will not download?

Also, some users have experienced download issues, if their security settings were too high. One can adjust those security settings down, just for the download process, then back to where they want them for other Web sites.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 12:34 PM   in reply to premiere-user-v11

premiere-user-v11

Are you doing one at a time and getting failure or are you hitting the All choice for the Content with the blue ban at its upper right corner?

Have you checked the following areas to determine if the problem is targeted at one type of Content?

Graphics Tab for Clip Arts

Tools Menu or Tools Tab for DVD Templates

Instant Movies Tab for Movie Themes

Title & Text Tab for Title Templates

Just trying to determine the specificity of the problem - All versus selected areas.

I have found that, at best, the Content download from within the project is a labored and slow process, depending on your Internet connection and Internet speed. Unfortunately there is no alternative since there is no more Content disc when you purchase the box product. But you can save the Online Folder (after download - completed version) to a USB Flash Drive (8 GB capacity) after the first program install so that you can use that for Content for the second install of  Premiere Elements 11 on another computer or in the case where you need to uninstall reinstall Premiere Elements and its Content on one computer. The file size of the completed Online Folder is expected to be about 6 GB.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 3:29 PM   in reply to premiere-user-v11

I'm having the same problem. Trying to use instant movie maker and it tries to download for 10 minutes before giving up. Tried running updates and it tells me the servers may be down. Bought it this morning and have been unable to use it all day.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 3:58 PM   in reply to owenmball

owenmball

I have found the process to be highly dependent on the Internet connection, Internet speed, and the Adobe Server.

I would give the situation a bit more time to clear, testing one Movie Theme at a time rather than more than one. Even though you do not want them at this time, have you checked the other categories? Can you get anything in any of the other categories to download successfully from within the project?

Have you checked for firewall settings and anti-virus affects?

Please update on your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 7:19 PM   in reply to owenmball

On my laptop with a Wireless G connection (to a DSL main connection), my guess would be that it took about 10 mins. to download ALL Additional Functional Content, but as I just went about other things, I cannot verify that. There is a lot of material, and as ATR points out, all will depend on your Internet connection, and perhaps the traffic on the Adobe servers at that moment. I would start the download, then go do something else for a bit, rather than watch progress bars.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 7:59 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

I envy you your 10 mins ALL Content. I am still dealing with Internet DSL with download speed of 768 kilobits/second (96 kilobytes/second) - on a good day higher and a bad day lower.The first Premiere Elements 11 ALL Content took me a long, long time.

I do not need an Internet download speed greater than what I have except for the Content download from within the program and when I install the new tryout versions of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements when the new versions appear each Septembe/October.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2013 5:51 AM   in reply to premiere-user-v11

premiere user-v11

Thanks for the follow up with the good news that you are having better results downloading the Premiere Elements 11 Content from within the opened project.

If you have not already, you may want to consider saving a copy of the Online Folder (completed) to an 8 GB USB Flash Drive for use if you install Premiere Elements 11 on another computer of if you have to uninstall/reinstall Premiere Elements 11 and its Content from your current computer. I have written a blog post on the details for doing that.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points