Skip navigation
SteveE91
Currently Being Moderated

Another question about CSV2Tables importing into InDesign

May 17, 2013 4:07 AM

Tags: #cs5 #indesign #csv #tables #excel #resize #overflow #page

Hi,

Thanks for the help yesterday regarding the line breaks - it worked like a charm.

Stuck with a new conundrum.. One of the tables, when CSV2Tables is ran creates a table that is too long and flows way off the page.

Is there a setting to make sure that if a table hits a certain length, or certain point on a page that it creates a new row on the next page and continues there?

If not, is there any other type of solution or workaround that I can use for importing tables of data that end up too long for one page?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 17, 2013 4:51 AM   in reply to SteveE91

Turning off hypheantion is easy. Disable it in your paragraph styles...

Not sure what to tell you about the table running long. Is it contained in a text frame? Are you using Data Merge to do this, or placing the table itself? Maybe CSV2Tables is some sort of plugin? If I understood the process a bit better I might have a better idea how to work around the problem.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 17, 2013 5:16 AM   in reply to SteveE91

I'm not familiar withthe script, so I'm kind of guessing at waht's happeing here.

Is your text frame pre-sized to fill the page, or set to auto-expand (a feature I frankly never bothered to learn about because I think it's a bad idea)? If set to auto-expand, or if the script defines the size of the text frame, I think you need to either look a the frame options to limit the height to the bottom margin, or check with the script provider to see if they can modifiy the script to limit the frame to the bottm margin and send excess rows into overset (or add pages).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points