Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Launch image for iPhone 5 with Flash CS6

May 17, 2013 3:39 AM

Tags: #air #flash #flash_professional #cs6 #invalid #iphone_5 #optimize #binary #retina_display #flash_cs6 #4_inch #launch_image

How do I add the required iPhone 5, 4 inch screen launch images to my build using Flash CS6. I have targeted Air 3.8 beta and there is no support for bundling the necessary images. Do I need to edit the plist or app descriptor xml file or something? Do Adobe plan to accommodate these new Apple requirments in a future version of CS6 or AIR SDK?

Up until now I have had no problems submitting binaries to the Appstore, but as of May 1st Apple reject any binaries that are not optimized for the 4 inch screen of the iPhone 5.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2013 11:00 AM   in reply to babyned

I have the exact same problem. It seems to me adobe needs to immediately push a fix that allows you to tell flash to include the iphone 5 png when you are also selecting the plethora of included files for ipad and all the other permutations.....as flash  actually generates the ipa package that includes all these files. Editing the xml file would indeed be useless unless you can break into the ipa package and edit it (and add the png file) ...which you can't ...

If you found a way around this error from apple plese let me know...i'm in the same damned boat...can't publish anything to iphone right now because flash can't put together the pieces properly.

I wish apple would play nice with adobe, wouldn't everyone be happier?

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2013 7:20 AM   in reply to babyned

I'm having the same issue, (Flash Pro CS6)

simply you air app will not use the 4 inch display of the iphone 5 even if you include the iphone 5 Default-568h@2x.png.

This is bad especially when you have clients & you cannot submit their app to the store

ADOBE PLEASE FIX ASAP

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2013 3:56 PM   in reply to babyned

I indeed was apble to get the properly name 640x1136 launch image into the package by adding into the same include list as the xml file is in in adobe air settings window (shoudl I add he other launch images?) but it's still telling me it's an invalid binary. I opened the package on my windows machine to see that Default-568h@2x.png is indeed there.

What am i missing?

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2013 6:12 PM   in reply to bmaddock

aha!!!! Updated the AIr SDK verison under the help menu (had to seperately install download and install adobe air 3.7)

and VOILA!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2013 7:47 AM   in reply to bmaddock

Using: Flash CS6 AIR 3.4

I also included the Default-568h@2x.png file in the root of my app (i.e., same folder as the .fla file), and Apple gave me the dreaded "Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5...must include a launch image with the -568h size modifier..." error after I uploaded my app.

To fix it, I did this:

1) I downloaded the latest AIR SDK at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html.

2) I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\ and made a folder called AIR3.7 .

3) I unZIPped the AIR SDK ZIP file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\AIR3.7 .

4) In Flash CS6, I went to Help > Manage AIR SDK > "Plus" button > and I browsed for C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\AIR3.7 .

5) I closed Flash CS6 and restarted it.

6) I went to File > Publish Settings > and under "Target" selected "AIR 3.7 for iOS" .

7) I published my new .ipa file, and I'm presently uploading it to Apple again.

This process fixed it -- apparently, AIR 3.7 is required to make Apple happy, even if you include the Default-568h@2x.png image.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2013 9:37 AM   in reply to avtutorials

for the glossy problem, in other post, someone (sorry can't find it) suggested to put the .xml rigths on "read".

this seems to works just sometimes, don't know why

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 10:15 PM   in reply to avtutorials

@avtutorials - you, sire, are a frickin' mastermind!  I was getting the same message and just followed your steps above and it fixed it.  It's status has now changed to "Waiting for Review".  I would never have thought of that fix and Apple's less than helpful error message gave no indication that that was the issue.  Thanks so much.  Stoked!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 10:27 AM   in reply to The Hally

dfsdrghdhdfhrthfghgfhgth, this is avtutorials (not sure why Adobe has two screen names for me... avtutorials and avtut123).  Anyway, credit really goes to bmaddock, as he had the right idea first!  I just figured I'd pass on my success with using Flash's "Manage AIR SDK" feature, as I never used it before and I figured that others could use a step-by-step of how to get it to work right.

I'm curious to see what your app is... you should post it.  Here are two Flash-created apps that I sell:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id608575062

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/airborne-radar/id629964739?mt=8

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 11:14 AM   in reply to babyned

avtut123 is right

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 3:47 AM   in reply to cocoua

Thanx for your posts!

I created a creative app for my village in Holland.

My app is working on a divice, so i would like to put it in the app store. I have the same problem, but I can not solve it.

(Sorry for my English, I am Dutch...).

I installed the air.3.7, an created the icon Default-568h@hx.png. I tried to: landscape and portred. 640x1136 and 1136x640. Witch one is right?

I included it in Flash at hte air settings.

Created my account and put my app ready to upload. Selected het .ipa file and uploaded it with application loader.

The ony thing I did not do is to put the .xml rights on "read". I do not know where to do that.

I can not open my .ipa file.

Do you have to replace default with te app name?

By the way, I am using Flash CS6.

Hope you can help me. I am searching for hours and hours.... Thanks in advance.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 5:59 AM   in reply to avtutorials

Thx, for your information. I still receive emails after uploading with: iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement - .

Making new icon, default...png name.

Landscape. Included it in the airsettings. Updated de airsettings.

Upload the .ipa with application loader..

I do not know what else to try. Can you help me??

I realy would like to finish my app.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 10:45 AM   in reply to ChirstaSe2c

Hi ChirstaSe2c,

I'm not in my office, so my answer might not be correct... but:

1) Your message in this forum shows a different file name (you show hx instead of 2x).  Make sure the file is named Default-568h@2x.png (with that exact naming and capitalization).

2) I think it needs to be 1136x640 (i.e., landscape).

3) Flash CS6 users (like you and me) don't have the ability to edit the XML settings (when you read guidance about editing the XML settings, that applies to developers who are using Flash Builder, not Flash CS6).

4) You can open your .ipa file by changing the file extension to .zip and then expanding it.  But, this isn't really recommended when using Flash CS6, unless you really know what you're doing.

5) I don't have the weblink with me, but Adobe has published an online article describing all the Default.png images that one must include with their project.  Do a Google search and see if you can find it... it took me a ton of digging, but I found it.  If you want to post again on Monday, I can forward you that link if you can't find it in the meantime.

Hope this helps!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2013 5:24 AM   in reply to avtutorials

Hi avtutorials,

Thank you very much!

The problem was the capitalization. Now it's waiting for a review!!!

Very kind you helped me with all your great information.

I am a teacher in the Netherlands, and  I would like to teach my students (16-17 years old) how to built a creative app with Flash. That's why I made an app.

Again, thanks!

Kind regards! Christa.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2013 9:57 AM   in reply to ChirstaSe2c

For any Flash CS6 users out there, here's Adobe's article on what icons and what splash screen images to include:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d129907d 2886-8000.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2013 11:37 AM   in reply to avtutorials

Thanks a lot!Your comment about using a Capital in the image file was the solution!Now it is waiting for approval. Hope it will pass the test...It is a educational game app.

I would like to use my app to teach my students how to make an app with Flash CS6.

Thanks for your effort.

Kind regards, Christa.

Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 09:57:46 -0700

To: se2c@live.nl

Subject: Re: Launch image for iPhone 5 with Flash CS6 Launch image for iPhone 5 with Flash CS6

Re: Launch image for iPhone 5 with Flash CS6

created by avtutorials in Flash Pro CC - General - View the full discussion

For any Flash CS6 users out there, here's Adobe's article on what icons and what splash screen images to include:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d129907d 2886-8000.html

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5545430#5545430

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re: Launch image for iPhone 5 with Flash CS6

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re: Launch image for iPhone 5 with Flash CS6. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Flash Pro CC - General by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2013 11:27 PM   in reply to avtut123

Hey mate,

Sorry for the delay.  Had a few bugs and updates along the way, but my app is up on the App Store now, after getting some awesome problem solving help from this list.  Here's the link if you want to check it out:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id667775943

Cheers,

Hally

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2013 6:40 AM   in reply to avtutorials

Hi Avtutorials,

My app is now for sale. So happy that i managed it!Still there is one problem to solve.Maybe you can help me?I bought the developer account on my husbands name. Wilbert Dijkhuizen.Now I saw that the app-id is displayed in the shop. We used his e-mail adres as apple-id.We did not want that, and changed the apple-id. Also changed the display images that you see when you see the app in the shop.Now I want to upload in second version, because I thought the users will see now a different apple-id.I changed the version in Flash. And made an update to upload at apple.(see images). But It does not update because it does nog see that it is version 2.0 now.Do you maybe know what goes wrong?

Hope you can help me.Kind regards. Christa.

Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 09:57:46 -0700

Subject: Re: Launch image for iPhone 5 with Flash CS6 Launch image for iPhone 5 with Flash CS6

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5545430#5545430

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re: Launch image for iPhone 5 with Flash CS6

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re: Launch image for iPhone 5 with Flash CS6. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2013 7:09 AM   in reply to The Hally

Hi Hally,

I saw your game, nice we programming in the same catagorie. Your from Australia? (I've been there).I am from Holland. My app is now for sale too, in the app store.

So happy that i managed it!Still there is one problem to solve.Maybe you can help me?

Now I want to upload in second version, because I thought the users will see now a different apple-id.I changed the version in Flash. And made an update to upload at apple.(see images). But It does not update because it does nog see that it is version 2.0 now.Do you maybe know what goes wrong?

Hope you can help me.Kind regards. Christa.

Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 23:27:28 -0700

created by gdfsdrghdhdfhrthfghgfhgth in Flash Pro CC - General - View the full discussion

Hey mate,

Sorry for the delay.  Had a few bugs and updates along the way, but my app is up on the App Store now, after getting some awesome problem solving help from this list.  Here's the link if you want to check it out:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id667775943

Cheers,

Hally

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5560678#5560678

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2013 8:56 PM   in reply to ChirstaSe2c

Hey Christa,

I'm not entirely sure what process you've gone through, but as far as uploading an update goes, it's much like uploading your original app.  You need to go to iTunes Connect first and log in, go to "Manage Your Apps" and then click on the app you want to upload an update for.  There'll be an option on the next page that says "Add a version".  You then enter the information that you need to for the updated app and click on "Save".  You'll then have the button you need to click on that says something like "Ready to Upload Binary" or something similar.

Once you click on that, you need to open up Application Loader and then upload your updated app through that.  If you've entered the correct information in the steps above, you should be able to choose the new version number for your app from a list.  You then just submit it like you did originally.

After that, you simply have to wait.  It's not instantaneous.  Submitting an update is much the same as when you submit an app for the first time.  It has to go through the whole review and approval process all over again.  So when you go back to iTunes Connect, you'll see for the app you've updated, there'll be a green light for the older version that's approved and currently on the App Store and an orange light for the update that's waiting approval.  Once the update has been successful, it will automatically replace the older version (if you chose that option earlier) and then you will only have the one green light, for the most recent version, on iTunes Connect and then people who have downloaded the app previously will get the Update alert in the App Store on their phone/device letting them know that there are updates available. 

For me, the update process was reasonably quick.  It took anywhere between 3 and 5 days before the update became active on the App Store.  Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hally

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2013 10:53 AM   in reply to The Hally

Hi Christa,

What gdfsdrghdhdhfhrthfghgfhgth said!  : )

- Avtutorials

(I love that screen name)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2013 12:54 PM   in reply to avtutorials

Hi Avtutorials,

Did exactly the same, but no result.I changed the version number in Flash in the airsettings to 2.1, and also tried (1.1, 2.1. 1.0.1)After that, put another version ready to upload. Select this version in the apploader.And than it tells me: This bundle is invalid. The value for key cfkbunleversion Re: Launch image for iPhone 5 with Flash CS6 in the info.plist file must contain a higher version than that of the previously uploaded version.

I do not want to update my app, but only the screens you see when buying the app in de store.And also the name of the developer. I changed my apple id from wilbert.dijkhuizen@gmail.com into jabenjibbe@gmail.comI thought if I run an update, the apple-id of the app will change. (I am not sure).

Hope to hear from you.

Newspaper want a interview because it's a creative app from the city, now I hope it will work in time...App name is: jabenjibbe

Kind regards,Christa.

Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 10:51:11 -0700

Hi Christa,

What gdfsdrghdhdhfhrthfghgfhgth said!  : )

- Avtutorials

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5567933#5567933

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2013 12:55 PM   in reply to The Hally

Hi,

Thanks for your effort!!!Did exactly the same, but no result.I changed the version number in Flash in the airsettings to 2.1, and also tried (1.1, 2.1. 1.0.1)After that, put another version ready to upload. Select this version in the apploader.And than it tells me: This bundle is invalid. The value for key cfkbunleversion Re: Launch image for iPhone 5 with Flash CS6 in the info.plist file must contain a higher version than that of the previously uploaded version.

I do not want to update my app, but only the screens you see when buying the app in de store.And also the name of the developer. I changed my apple id from wilbert.dijkhuizen@gmail.com into jabenjibbe@gmail.comI thought if I run an update, the apple-id of the app will change.

(I am not sure).

Hope to hear from you.

Newspaper want a interview because it's a creative app from the city, now I hope it will work in time...App name is: jabenjibbe

Kind regards,Christa.

Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 20:56:45 -0700

created by gdfsdrghdhdfhrthfghgfhgth in Flash Pro CC - General - View the full discussion

Hey Christa,

I'm not entirely sure what process you've gone through, but as far as uploading an update goes, it's much like uploading your original app.  You need to go to iTunes Connect first and log in, go to "Manage Your Apps" and then click on the app you want to upload an update for.  There'll be an option on the next page that says "Add a version".  You then enter the information that you need to for the updated app and click on "Save".  You'll then have the button you need to click on that says something like "Ready to Upload Binary" or something similar.

Once you click on that, you need to open up Application Loader and then upload your updated app through that.  If you've entered the correct information in the steps above, you should be able to choose the new version number for your app from a list.  You then just submit it like you did originally.

After that, you simply have to wait.  It's not instantaneous.  Submitting an update is much the same as when you submit an app for the first time.  It has to go through the whole review and approval process all over again.  So when you go back to iTunes Connect, you'll see for the app you've updated, there'll be a green light for the older version that's approved and currently on the App Store and an orange light for the update that's waiting approval.  Once the update has been successful, it will automatically replace the older version (if you chose that option earlier) and then you will only have the one green light, for the most recent version, on iTunes Connect and then people who have downloaded the app previously will get the Update alert in the App Store on their phone/device letting them know that there are updates available. 

For me, the update process was reasonably quick.  It took anywhere between 3 and 5 days before the update became active on the App Store.  Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hally

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5566190#5566190

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2013 1:35 PM   in reply to ChirstaSe2c

Hi Christa,

I'm not sure what to tell you.  You've got to make sure that the version number in Flash is updated, and you've got to update the version number in itunesconnect.apple.com . 

Since you changed a bunch of things, could the problem lie in your p12 certificate and/or your mobile provisioning file?  Meaning, a mismatch of data in those items, whereas Apple expects them to contain your other/older data in those files?  Have you tried recreating your p12 and mobile provisioning files, basically starting from scratch?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2013 12:34 AM   in reply to avtutorials

Created my account and put my app ready to upload. Selected Cisco router het .ipa file and uploaded it with application loader.

The ony thing I did not do is to put the .xml rights on "read". I do not know where to do that.

I can not open my .ipa file.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points