Skip navigation
Thilo1212
Currently Being Moderated

lightroom installs on wrong drive from Adobe Application Manager (want to install on standard F-driv

May 17, 2013 5:06 AM

How can I solve this bug?

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 17, 2013 7:18 AM   in reply to Thilo1212

What bug? I don't know any such bug and your post leaves out the important parts. Provide exact system information and a proper explanation of what exactly you do.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2013 9:00 AM   in reply to Thilo1212

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Lightroom forum.

Thilo1212 do you receive a specific error message when you install to your F: drive?

Also from a performance stand point I am curious is your C: drive an SSD as well or is it a standard hard-drive?

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to Thilo1212

Thilo1212 thank you for the update.  If you change your region and language setting does Lightroom then display in the English language?

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 10:35 AM   in reply to Thilo1212

I am having the same issue.

I just uninstalled all adobe products through the control panel and used the adobe uninstaller.

I then downloaded Adobe Application Manager and told it to use my L drive which is my new SSD

I selected 7 programs to install, and they all installed on my SSD fine except for Lightroom 4.4

Lightroom installed on my default C drive in program files.

I prefer everything on my SSD, as I also have all of my media there.

I am using Windows 7 64

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 8:14 PM   in reply to Thilo1212

Thilo1212 do you have a case number I can reference from your interaction with our support team?

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2013 3:36 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi Jeff.

Since this is not a unique issue maybe you can just tell us what the solution is.

Having a separate support case for each person is kinda making the purpose of your forum useless.

As a moderator you want people to use your forum instead of opening a ticket.

This way one request helps many people and saves your company support team a ton of time

over all.

Just please do a little research for us and then tell us what if any fix there is.

The next person to come to this forum will see the fix and be done.

Less tickets, less cost overall for Adobe :^)

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2013 7:58 AM   in reply to Thilo1212

Thilo1212 it would take quite a bit of effort to duplicate the environment which you are utilizing.  If I can have the case number then I can request that a member of our support team continue to work with you directly.  This will allow for further analysis prior to submitting a bug report.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2013 9:34 AM   in reply to Thilo1212

Thilo1212 I believe I found the case you are referring to under case #184321859.  The contact information under your only has your e-mail address.  If you can either send your phone number to me via private message or update your contact info at http://www.adobe.com/ I will request a member of our support team to contact you directly.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2013 9:44 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Please post the solution here.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2013 2:19 AM   in reply to Thilo1212

I have been planning on just uninstalling everything and starting over with CC next week.

Maybe it will work.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 5:59 AM   in reply to Thilo1212

The new CC gets released on Monday.  I am going to uninstall everything and start over with the new product.

I doubt they have any interest in fixing this issue, or they would have responded.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 8:23 AM   in reply to One-Orbit

One_Orbit we are investigating this issue.  Unfortunately the configuration you have set up is not very easy to duplicate.  One of my colleagues though is testing the behavior and we have a couple escalations at this point which are being investigated.

When you install on Monday though I would be very interested to discover if the new version of the Adobe Application Manager, which will be a component of the upcoming Creative Cloud application, still continues to exhibit the same behavior.  If you could respond back to this discussion with your results it would be appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 8:24 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

OK, thank you for the reply :^)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 2:46 PM   in reply to Thilo1212

Thilo1212 for Windows you will want to use the Program and Features Control Panel.  I don't see many requests from Users to go beyond using the typical uninstaller for Photoshop Lightroom.  The CS Clean Script for example would have no affect on a Photoshop Lightroom installation.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 9:14 AM   in reply to Thilo1212

Thilo1212 was there a particular need to remove the remained of the Adobe Creative Applications?  Were you receiving a particular error message which prompted you to take this action?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 3:45 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff, there were no errors on this end except that LR will not install in where it is told to install.

You mentioned that this was escalated, however, even in the new update it is doing the same thing.

Just please tell us how to get this to install in the proper drive.

It's been a month already.  I can't imagine how this could be hard to fix.

It should just do what it's told ;^))

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 4:31 PM   in reply to One-Orbit

One-Orbit the new update will not be available until this evening PDT.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 2:50 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

OK Jeff,  I uninstalled Lightroom 5 after your comment, and then waited till this morning.

I see all the new cc files in the new Application Manager, and everything but Lightroom is installing in the correct place.

I know you guys have had access to these programs for some time now, so I can only assume that you knew yesterday that this was still an issue.

I would appreciate if you could do some actual research and find a solution for this issue.

Your attention to this matter has been frustrating.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 8:06 AM   in reply to One-Orbit

One-Orbit thank you for the update.  As already previously mentioned the environment you are using does take some work to duplicate.  Thank you for confirming that the same difficulties are experienced with the current version of the Adobe Application Manager included with the Creative Cloud.  I would recommend installing Lightroom to your primary drive while this issue continues to be investigated.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 9:22 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I have an issue where I uninstalled Lightroom 5 last night from my C drive to install it on another larger SSD. I uninstalled it via the Windows uninstalling utility and brought up the new CC app utility, however, Lightroom 5 shows as Up To Date. Well, it isn't. Now I'm back to Lightroom 4 and that sucks, because I had been using Lightroom 5 and I love it! I'm pretty bummed about it, because I use Lightroom A LOT.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 3:17 PM   in reply to RM Brand

I am having the same issue.  I uninstalled via control panel so I could install where I wanted it.  I have rebooted and restarted CC desktop app several times with no luck.  It still shows LR5 up to date.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 3:24 PM   in reply to fbeiderb

"It still shows LR5 up to date."

Do you have Lightroom 5 installed on your computer?

If yes then its up to date, there has only been one release to date.!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 3:25 PM   in reply to fbeiderb

Fbeiderb please see Creative Cloud AAM lists Applications as "Up to Date" when not installed - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/aam-lists-removed-apps-date.h tml for information on how to resolve your current difficulties.

These steps will only allow you to reinstall Lightroom.  You will not be able to customize the installation location at this time.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 3:27 PM   in reply to DdeGannes

No, it says I uninstalled via control panel in my message.  It is no longer on my drive.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 3:30 PM   in reply to fbeiderb

I am sorry Fbedderb I guess I misunderstood that you were unable to reinstall Lightroom through the Creative Cloud application.  If you are able to reinstall, and you are a Creative Cloud subscriber, the only relevant portion to you is that you will not be able to customize the installation location for Lightroom when you reinstall through the Creative Cloud application.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 3:34 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

No, I am not able to reinstall.  The app was removed from Control Panel but is still showing up to date in the CC app.  I followed the link you gave me and #1 had been done, I deleted the opm.db file and relaunched the app and it is still showing LR 5 as Up to date.   The next step is to unstaill all CC apps.  That seems to be a bit extreme, do I have any other options?  If I download the stand alone trial and install it will CC pick it up?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 3:39 PM   in reply to fbeiderb

OK, maybe the AAM is recognizing your registration which remains on your computer when you do an uninstall.

Jeff A Wright  has just posted about your problem. I guess its very frustrating for the users and also the Adobe Engineers, I guess Floating in the Clouds is a new venture for every one.

Maybe iits best to stay with the Land Based Lightroom for the time being if this is still possible.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 3:46 PM   in reply to fbeiderb

Fbeiderb no you will need to reinstall through the Creative Cloud application in order for Lightroom to be licensed to your subscription.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points