Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Getting Dynamic Context Sensitive Help API to work with Visual Studio 2012 and 64 bit?

May 17, 2013 6:55 AM

We have RH 9.

Our developers are working on implementing RH's dynamic CSH API inside of our software product:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WSa7dd8288c271d662-26f43 98e12b0c229082-8000.html

The instructions our developer found say:

Call your Help projects with the function RH_ShowHelp. The source code for this function is contained in the support files which you import into your development project. Languages supported are Visual Basic, C/C++, JavaScript, and Java. The files are in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp [version]\CSH API. The files are:

CSH API\RoboHelp_CSH.cpp (C/C++, dependent on the .h)

CSH API\RoboHelp_CSH.h (C/C++, dependent on the .cpp)

I zipped up the CSH API from my RH 9 version and sent it to the developer. We're using Visual Studio 2012.

But now the dev is asking, "Is there a newer version? This one doesn't compile in win32 without me making some tweaks, and doesn't work at all in x64..." and "Is RoboHelp10 an option? 9 doesn't seem VS2012 compatible or x64 compatible."

Does anyone know if there are there is a later version of the API available that works for 64-bit / VS 2012?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2013 9:15 AM   in reply to JaredHess

Hi,

The RoboHelp 10 API should work for WebHelp created with RoboHelp 9. Since the RH10 API will now support Multiscreen HTML5 (introduced with RoboHelp 10), I imagine it will work with VS 2012. But I’ve not tried that. You can try the RH10 API, but Adobe won’t support it

Alternatively: A colleague of mine created a custom C# API some time ago. That might work for you: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/blog/2012/08/03/custom-webhelp-apis

Greet,

Willam

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points