Skip navigation
alilling
Currently Being Moderated

Using InDesign Graphics in Word

May 17, 2013 10:17 AM

My designer made me a letterhead graphic.  I put the graphic into Word and PDFed the Word document.  The graphic lost a lot of crispness and I cannot send it to clients.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 17, 2013 11:25 AM   in reply to alilling

The graphic is likely a pixel based/image format.

Images are downsampled upon pdf creation to the anticipated need.

If you chose Standard Quality for the pdf, the image graphic is at 72 pixels per inch, much less than suitable for anything other than images on screen.

If the graphic incorporated type or sharp lines and edges, a minimum suggested pixel per inch setting would be 600.

Choosing High Quality as the pdf preset may suffice. 

We would need to know the type of image used in the Word document. A screenshot would help.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 2:01 PM   in reply to alilling

Try saving the image as Enhanced Metafile (emf). It seems that works the best from Word to PDF.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 10:29 AM   in reply to alilling

I have the PDF add-in in Word, so I just use the defaults settings. I think it should work for you as well. Give it a try.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2013 6:08 AM   in reply to alilling

Is this a Powerpoint question or another InDesing question? In either case, I think you should start a new thread and give complete details, and if it's powerpoint, don't expect a lot of help here unless one of our readers also happens to be a power user for Powerpoint.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points