Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premier Elements 9 issues making new video issues

May 18, 2013 9:43 AM

In my Adobe account i have Premier Elements 9 approved as 1 of my programs.  It required me to enter my 24 digit serial number.  That worked fine.  When i go to use the program and make a movie not using the trial version it askes me to enter the 24 digit code from the back of the DVD case.  When i enter it(the same code that Adobe approved my product) it states invalid serial number.  My trial version is now over and i cant get this program to work.  Tried to many times to list.  Please help!!!  Thanks,  I know this program is older, but finnaly got around to attempt to use it..

Pat

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2013 10:24 AM   in reply to pat cherry

Pat,

Welcome to the forum.

With licensing, and S/N issues, it is usually best to contact Adobe Customer Support (not Technical Support), as they can usually handle things quickly.

If you "registered" the trial of PrE 9, with the S/N provided (should normally work fine), but now are having issues, it might be the time to Uninstall that registered trial, then Install from the DVD, adding in your S/N, when prompted.

I am not normally a fan of the Uninstall/Reinstall routine, but this might be a good time to employ that. Still, I would first contact Adobe C/S, as it might be a simple fix.

Also, see this FAQ Entry: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/542377?tstart=0. It was written for PrE 8 and earlier, but might be useful for PrE 9 too?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2013 10:36 AM   in reply to pat cherry

Pat Cherry

I just want to make sure of your details.

1. You have purchased Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, have a purchased serial number for that Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 which is registered with Adobe. If so, that should allow you use of the program on no more than two of your computers. For 9.0, was this an online purchase (downloaded installation files involved) or was this your purchase of the boxed version with installation disc which would have a S/N on the disc case or envelope?

2. Given that, plus you say that you have a DVD case which shows "24 digit code/SN" which implies purchased product, where does this "trial version" come into the equation. Did the DVD disc come as a tryout disc inclusion with some other product?

The current trial version from Adobe is Premiere Elements 11, not 9.0.

If this is a program activation issue, then the Adobe Chat line is the place to go.

https://www.adobe.com/products/activation/

Could you please restate your issue?

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 2:14 PM   in reply to pat cherry

Pat Cherry

Some ifs involved, but this sounds like it will work and, if not work, clarify the situation....

Go to:

http://www.adobe.com

In the window that opens at Adobe, top right corner, you will see a "My Adobe".

Click on "My Adobe", and go to the paragraph that heads off with "My Products and Services".

In "My Products and Services", look for and click on "My Products".

If you have purchased and registered your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, you will see a listing for it including the serial number.

Check the serial number there with the one that you are attempting to use now and are having problems with.

Let us know if this approach was helpful and then we can decide what next.

As an aside question, did you purchase Premiere Elements 9 from Adobe or from a local retainer or other...was it second hand?

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 2:47 PM   in reply to pat cherry

Pat Cherry,

Do not give up yet.

Your news had a lot of good news aspects to it.

I believe that what you have just described will give you clear path to Adobe Chat on an activation matter. In such cases, there should be no problem even with Premiere Elements 9 not being the current version. Stress that you are after an activation solution, not troubleshooting a malfunction of an installed program or damaged project.

Click on the following link:

https://www.adobe.com/products/activation/

After a few seconds, you will see a Chat Now on the top right of the window. Click on that to gain access to a Chat representative. Explain the problem pointing to the activation aspect and the fact that the program is registered at Adobe with serial number that you are trying to use. That Chat representative should be about to help you solve the problem in minutes or less.

Please do not give up. We will be watching for the latest developments.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 5:05 PM   in reply to pat cherry

Pat Cherry,

When you get a chance, call Adobe Chat again, tell them what happened with the transfer, ask for a supervisor if necessary.

And, before the transfer, make sure the rep tells you where he/she is transferring you to.

Let us look at this step by step....correcting me if I am incorrect

1. You have a Premiere Elements 9 Windows installation disc from a purchased serial number that you and Adobe agree you have.

2. As you said, 4 discs came with your purchased Premiere Elements 9 boxed. Two of the discs are for Content (one for Windows, one for Mac). As for the other two, one is for Windows, installing the program, and the other is for Mac, installing the program.

3. You should see Windows marking on your installation disc for the program. Do you see anything on that installation disc that hints at "trial"?

4. Do you have a working Internet connection? No problems? Disable the firewall and anti-virus.

5. Insert the installation disc in the DVD burner tray and initiate the AutoPlay.

6. Follow the on screen instructions.

7. If you get to a phase of the process that asks for a serial number, type it in including the hypens.

8. Are you given the option try out or are you asked if you have a S/N. If so, are you inserting the S/N and ignoring the try out option?

9. Without revealing any personal information, such as your s/n, can you post a screenshot of the dialog box where all the trouble begins with the mention of "trial"?

Please review and consider. Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 6:12 PM   in reply to pat cherry

Pat,

Unfortunately your Images did not attach.

For general instructions on attaching a JPEG, GIF or PNG, see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3973293#3973293

Also, with the full quoting visible, if you are posting via an e-mail POP client, then there will likely be problems. Accessing the forum via a browser, and attaching an Image with the little "camera icon," will usually get around that limitation.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 6:41 PM   in reply to pat cherry

Pat Cherry

Thanks for checking for the information requested.

If at all possible, could you see if you can arrange for one of the things that I had mentioned previously...

9. Without revealing any personal information, such as your s/n, can you post a screenshot of the dialog box where all the trouble begins with the mention of "trial"?

I would really like to see that dialog at that point. I have used Hunt's suggestion of using the camera icon in the reply post to attach here copies of jpeg photos from my desktop. Once posted in the reply and viewed, the thumbnails can be clicked on to reveal a larger version.

If you have a screenshot of the Premiere Elements 9 Windows installation disc, that would be great too. Probably there will be nothing there that you have not already seen, but I am hoping that someone who has not seen them will see some small clue somewhere.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 9:42 PM   in reply to pat cherry

Pat Cherry

Thanks for the screenshots.

Let us try this.

Go to:

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 9

and in the Adobe Premiere Elemens 9 Folder, scroll down to and find the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file and create a desktop shortcut for it.

Then open Premiere Elements 9 from this new desktop shortcut not the one that you have been using. This new shortcut will open the program bypassing the Welcome Screen and it is associated with the Adobe Premiere Elements 9.exe file in the Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Folder.

See if you can get into the program with the gray window that opens with menus at its top. There go to File Menu/New/Project and see what happens.

Double and triple check you S/N (the one showing at Adobe and the one you have in front of you). Are there any numbers that are blurred so that they can be misinterpreted?

But, that Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Trial seems beyond our control and in the control of Adobe. I still think that the answer has to be from correction at their site. The screen that you are getting is the one that I have seen when a try out has expired.

I do not recall if I asked you today. When you first purchased this Premiere Elements 9, did you install it and use it for any period of time so that you know that you could activate the program by inserting that serial number into the appropriate field?

I am going to be calling it a day. I will see what is happening in the light of day. Keep after Adobe Chat Group/Activation Group.

Thanks for all the troubleshooting of the details.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points