Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Importing Encore TXT files..

May 18, 2013 11:45 AM

Hello All,

I have been importing Encore TXT files into Encore projects without too many issues till recently.  This one large project is generating a number of time overlap errors. I than went into the SRT file in jumbler and their is no overlap of the time code.  I continued to skip the errors during the import, write them down and check the areas where Encore believes there is overlap. 

I am guessing but it would seem that it has to do more with the length of the subtitle being too small.  I am just trying to figure out how to avoid this error message through a setting change in Encore or since I am using subrip/jubler to make the encore TXT files that I can do something on that end to avoid this issue.

Cause the biggest problem it is creating is a general movement of all the subtitles in the areas I have made corrections which means alot of work to go through the entire timeline to check for drifts and than keep moving them.

Thank you all for reading.  Hope you are all having a good day.

Any help would be appreciated.

-js

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2013 7:48 PM   in reply to johnsirabella

it would seem that it has to do more with the length of the subtitle being too small.

I assume you mean too short in time duration?

the biggest problem it is creating is a general movement of all the subtitles in the areas I have made corrections which means alot of work to go through the entire timeline to check for drifts and than keep moving them.

When you skip errors, do the subtitles still start at the correct timecode? Is it just duration that changes?

Are there multiple timelines?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points