Skip navigation
val0724
Currently Being Moderated

Audio

May 18, 2013 1:46 PM

I have Premiere Elements 10 and I went to a concert last night and you can really hear the static (buzzing) from the speakers on the video. Is there anyway to reduce the static sound? I've tried some options (notch, NewBlue Hum Remover and NewBlue Cleaner) and nothing is really helping.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2013 1:57 PM   in reply to val0724

Static can be tough, as it is usually a very broad frequency signal. Still, this article might have some tips for you: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2860521#2860521

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2013 1:57 PM   in reply to val0724

val0724

The Notch filter is often recommended for that type of noise removal. If the one in Premiere Elements 10 is not doing the job, have you looked at the Notch in the free audio editor Audacity?

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/Notch_Filter

We will be watching for further details.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2013 2:20 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Yes, I agree that the Notch Filter can be very useful, and mentioned it along with a few other "possibilities," such as EQ and High-pass and Low-pass Filters (depends on the spectrum of the static), in that "noise" article.

Now, I have never used the one in PrE, so cannot comment on how well it works. With problem Audio, I usually head to Audition pretty early in the workflow. For those, who do not have Audition, I do recommend the great, free Audacity. It can also work with many VST's that are available on the Internet (both free and for-pay).

Also, that Magix Cleaning Lab is an amazing little product, especially considering that it only cost me about US $29. It's "noise" presets have saved me a lot of time over the various cleaning operations in Audition, so with many issues, I will run to it, even before Audition.

Audition CS 6 has gotten even better at noise-removal, and I have been exploring that.

Good luck to the OP,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 5:21 PM   in reply to val0724

"Tolerable" might well be as good as it gets. At least things ARE better.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points