Skip navigation
Beaupic
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop 7 DVDs

May 18, 2013 9:18 PM

Why does my new Laptop Burn DVDs from Adobe Photoshop 7 but will not play them ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2013 10:28 PM   in reply to Beaupic

Please clarify what you mean "Burn DVDs from Adobe Photoshop 7 but will not play ".    What does Adobe Photoshop have to do with burning and playing DVDs?

Also give us all the details about your setup, such as what platform you are on, Macintosh or Windows, exact version of the OS you are running, version Photoshop (hope it's 7.0.2) hardwrae specs, RAM, etc.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers: 

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,043 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 21, 2013 12:17 AM   in reply to Beaupic

Hello, we'll try to clear it up for everyone.

I want to confirm that you talk about Photoshop 7.0, the version from 13 years ago, and not Photoshop Elements 7? (if it is Elements, there is a dedicated forum for that application)

What do you mean by playing DVDs? You want to open files from your camera that have been recorded to the DVD, and import them to your computer? You said that the computer does not recognize the disks burnt by Picture Package.

I'm sure you could import directly the files from the camera to Elements.

Then, is your other problem printing the pictures? You speak about an old computer, then about an HP laptop with 7 and lots of memory... I have a hard time following you.

Did you install the Canon Printer drivers on the Laptop?

I think that you should try to explain everything again: what exactly are you trying to do, if there are several computers involved.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 21, 2013 1:57 AM   in reply to Beaupic

I fully agree with Pierre-Etienne Courtejoie.  Not only have you not provided any of the information suggested in the link I provided (did you even bother to read it?) but you've managed to muddy up the waters even further.

You could have easily googled the terms you are not familiar with:

Platform = Macintosh or Windows

OS = Operating System (Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, etc.)

Hardware Specs = Specifications of your hardware, e.g. laptop, hard drives, optical (DVD) drives, etc.

RAM = Random Access Memory sticks built into your machine.

Sorry, but you cannot convince this old septuagenarian here that this has anything to do with age, especially at your young age.  If you are inexperienced, it behooves you to do your due diligence and help folks here assist you.

As it is, you haven't even clearly defined what application you are using.  If it's truly the ancient Photoshop 7.x, you should have at least updated to Photoshop 7.0.2.   If you mean Elements, then quit calling it Photoshop; as it is not.  Elements is a separate application with a different forum.

Neither Photoshop nor Elements can play a DVD.  They can, however, read individual files correctly saved to a DVD.

Beaupic wrote:

My son says there's heaps of memory.

Until you tell us exactly how many Gigabytes of RAM that is, that assertion totally lacks credibility, especially in the "old computer" pointed out by the previous poster.

Try again, and please stick to the facts.  Just the facts.

As we stand, you have still not given us a clue.  Teaching you the most basic notions about a computer exceeds the scope of this forum.

You are in very good hands, as PECourtejoie is not only one of the most helpful and knowledgeable contributors around here but also the closest thing to a mind reader or clairvoyant the forums have to offer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points