Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Page numbering problem. Help please.

May 19, 2013 2:30 AM

I am using InDesign CS5 to prepare a book for digital printing.

I supplied my .pdf as spreads assuming it best to make up 4 page impositions. However the printer asked me to supply single pages. If I set Document Set-up to single pages, all the folios move to left corner of page making imposition impossible. If I supply spreads, the folios are correct.

Is there a way to supply single pages with folios imposed right and left to suit imposition? (IE. all left hand pages with even numbers, all right hand pages with odd numbers).

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 19, 2013 5:01 AM   in reply to TerraAustralis

Sounds to me like you might have printed the book to PDF using Print Booklet to make your imposition, or perhaps you just checked the "spreads" box in the export dialog. Leave the book as-is, do not use Print Booklet, export to PDF (Print) using the settings the printer recommends, and uncheck the spreads box. You will get a PDF consisting of consecutively ordered single pages, which is what your printer needs.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 20, 2013 6:18 AM   in reply to TerraAustralis

After I posted I actually wondered if you had set up as facing pages, but decided you must already know that's how you build a book in readers' spreads. Glad you figured it out.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points