Skip navigation
Jobslamp-job-site-india
Currently Being Moderated

will flash affect SEO badly ?

May 19, 2013 7:54 AM

Tags: #seo #site #performance #animation #job

Dear friends,

I am running a job site named jobslamp.com [link removed]. I did not use any flash animations here . I have used only css designs. Now I would like to improve the look and feel of the site by replacing the top right image with an animated banner. My doubts are

1)  Which is the best technology/ proudt to do this ( I have only used photoshop before from adobe brands)

2)  Will it affect SEO ?

3) Will it affect the site performance (loading time).

I would like to make it professional, animated.

I am looking for valuable suggestions from your end .

Regards,

Lamper

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 19, 2013 7:53 AM   in reply to Jobslamp-job-site-india

Including Flash content in a CSS/html-based web site is not going to negatively affect your SEO potential.  It might affect your user base potential if you expect a good share of your market to be mobile/i-Folk which do not support Flash content.  But even in those cases, you can provide for alternative content in the event a Flash player is not detected.

The primary case of when Flash and SEO can have a difficult relationship is when a site involves pure Flash content.  But this is usually never the case since most any Flash website is embedded into an html page, and in such cases measures can be taken to still include SEO features.

As far as affecting site performance in terms of loading time, in general, Flash content is often the most efficient form of web content.  The things that will make Flash a loading burden are the same things you would incorporate without Flash... images, video, sound.  Flash by itself is not the burden, only what you choose to display with it, and how you choose to display it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points