Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Gaussian Blur fills bounding box?

May 19, 2013 12:53 PM

Tags: #illustrator #help #graphics #amd #gpu #filters #cs6 #graphics_card #gaussian_blur #windows_8 #blur_gallery #problem_with_blur #blur_problem

hello:                                                                                                                                Level: Intermediate  OS: (sadly) Windows 8   Ia: Cs6

i just made a circle and then applied a Gaussian Blur to it but rather than getting a nice Round blur the result is square

is this possibly the result of the ongoing issues with the AMD - Win8 - Adobe thing?

it's not as bad when i use a slight blur but for what i would like to do i need a larger blur

also, i was wondering if anyone knows if the NVIDIA GPU's are having as much of a issue as the AMD b/c i have a few more days to return this puter

or does anyone know rather it's just a Win8 thing & no matter the processor as long as i'm run'n W8 i'll have these problems?

i have already updated drivers and set GPU to Basic

your thoughts, info, ideas or whatever are greatly appreciated

arg!.png

also, can you see faint lines through the image? i have no idea rather it's my laptop's screen or if it's something with Ia

Thanx again!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 19, 2013 12:54 PM   in reply to Kar209

See "Document Raster Effects Settings". There you can add an amount of space around the object.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 1:44 PM   in reply to Kar209

Define "lines".

Other than the hard edges resulting from the Document Raster Effect setting, I don't see any "lines" in your gradient.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 2:01 PM   in reply to Kar209

I see lines in that gradient.

Probably that's the reason why my optician recently told me to consult an oculist again …

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 2:45 PM   in reply to Kar209

Kara,

i have no idea rather it's my laptop's screen

I believe it may be. This may be a good reason to consider your returning the laptop.

You could also try to create different gradients, radial and maybe linear att different angles and see.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 3:21 PM   in reply to Kar209

You are welcome, Kara.

Long time indeed; you seem to have been more busy elsewhere.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 7:18 PM   in reply to Jacob Bugge

I'm not seeing any lines.

But my eyes aren't as sharp as they were a few years ago. I suppose I could be missing them.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points