Skip navigation
tennesseegirl4893
Currently Being Moderated

ePub exporting - how to split a document

May 20, 2013 4:07 PM

Tags: #problem #cs5 #error #pdf #text #mac #cs5.5 #export #crash #indesign #import #indesign_cs5.5 #5.5 #pages #printing #layout #indesign_cs5 #styles #print #interactive #book #cs6 #page #epub #split

When asked to choose how to spit the document, I only have the options of do not split or based on Paragraph Style Export Tags. The tutorial showed lots more options. I'm looking for by header. Does anyone know why this is? And where can I find the header option?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 20, 2013 6:31 PM   in reply to tennesseegirl4893

What version of InDesign are you using? What tutorial are you talking about?

Assuming you're using InDesign CS6, those are the two options.

You would select which headers you want to break at by selecting them in the Paragraph Styles panel menu > Edit All Export Tags, and checking Split EPUB beside the paragraph style names.

Another method would be to break your document into book files. Each book file will begin a new HTML file which starts a new page.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2013 9:55 PM   in reply to tennesseegirl4893

In InDesign CS6 and CC you have to go to your Paragraph Styles in the the Export Tag section. There you will find an option to split documents upon epub export.

Whereever such a Paragraph Style is used with the settings to split the document you will get a splitted document in your epub package (whichis essentially a zip file with several html5 files and other xml files and a db).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points