Skip navigation
Ian_Barron
Currently Being Moderated

Can anybody Assist, please ? Issue with running Prem Pro 1.5 on 'new' pc with Win XP Pro

May 20, 2013 9:26 PM

After some years of faithful service my PC died and I am not able to get Premiere Pro 1.5 to work on the new PC. I had several HDD with my video files on and the C: drive died. I have reinstalled the original drives so all my files are recovered and I can see/open them in Premiere BUT I cannot setup to capture anything.

System is Win XP Pro, Pentium Dual core, 2.7GHz, 2Mb RAM, Capture device is Canopus with DV Storm 2 drivers, Sony DR1000 deck connected by firewire.

When I go to capture settings there is an IEEE1394 option and DV Capture. If I select Canopus the PD INSTANTLY reboots. I don't know where to start looking for the issue . . . is anybody able to help ?

Would be much appreciated . . .

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 20, 2013 11:50 PM   in reply to Ian_Barron

Moving this post to Premie Pro Forums Discussion

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 5:37 AM   in reply to Ian_Barron

It was always tricky to get the storm up and running smoothly. There were alway's driver and hardware conflicts to work out.  Once you get it up and running, You leave it alone.

I used to be up on it, but its been to long. Try googling old forums circa 2003-5.

I can tell you that the new systems are much more flexible running a vannila system. You don't need the RT hardware anymore.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 6:06 AM   in reply to Stephen_Spider

I don't mean any offense, and I made a LOT of money teaching Premiere Pro 1.5 on Lynda.com so I think fondly of that software every month when the check comes in even though the check is a lot smaller than it used to be, but it is very odd that you could even buy a new computer with only 2MB of RAM, and upgrading to something more powerful might have been a better choice.

Nonetheless, have you installed the appropriate drivers?

http://www.driverplatform.com/file_dvstorm.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 8:45 AM   in reply to Ian_Barron

You might find more people still using such an old version in the forum for CS4 and earlier

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/premierepro_previous?view=a ll

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 9:09 AM   in reply to John T Smith

Ian

Did you replace the whole PC or just the boot drive?

I may be totally wrong but I had a Storm card years ago and it worked with Premiere up to the old verions 6 or 6.5, Premiere 6.5 is when it  became realtime and hence the Storm card was no longer necessary for anything other than faster mpeg encoding

I seem to remember that Canopus introduced Lets Edit which then became Edius at this time and they dropped bundling Abobe products so I am surprized that Premiere Pro 1.5 worked with the Storm

If the Storm cannot be got to work and you do not have a firewire port on the Mobo go to your local PC component supplier and obtain a firewire PCI card with Texas chipset and install it. the card should cost about $20-$30.  The Storms worked a treat but the Mobo had to be right and it did not like certain chipsets on the boards, not only that the installation process was a total pain

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 10:47 PM   in reply to Biggles Lamb

The Storm worked with 1.5....pretty much. As I wrote before, it was very finicky to get it happy.

The storms RT capabilities with blurs, color correction, and fantastic chroma key were a good reason to keep it online.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points