Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I burn a DVD for Replication?

May 21, 2013 10:52 AM

Tags: #ddp #duplication #encore_cs6

I can't seem to find out how to set Encore CS6 in a "Burn at once" mode. My replication company says the DVD I had sent them had packets and can't be replicated. The DVD can be duplicated just is fine. I also tried outputting as DDP, but they said there were missing files. How many files are there supposed to be in a DDP output? My output to DDP produced a CONTROL.DAT, DDPID, and MAIN.DAT file. The duplicating company said I needed to provide DDPID, DDPMS, IMAGE.DAT, PQDESCR, and CONTROL.DAT files.  Talking with Adobe for two hours  produced no answers or results.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 21, 2013 11:16 AM   in reply to Tom Estrada

While waiting for someone who does this (Neil, you out there? Ha, ha!), crawl through the newer of these:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/search.jspa?peopleEnabled=true&userI D=&spotlight=false&containerType=14&container=3361&rankBy=date&q=encor e+replication

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 2:03 PM   in reply to Tom Estrada

I was told by the replicator that adding additional PDF's to the DVD caused the packet problems that prohibited replication, ...

For anyone else looking to this in the future, do you mean you added acrobat files as part of rom content? Or where in Encore?

Another method for simple putting the text for a link on the jacket (or in addition to), is to add a menu with the text and simple add a "back to main menu" button. Then link to that menu from one or more menus with a button "Resources" or such.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 3:13 PM   in reply to Tom Estrada

Thanks for adding that.

No idea if it would help, but IF they could use a regular DVD, I would try building an iso and burning with imgburn where you might be able to control that.

The burn from Premiere Pro ended with CS3 or so. You can send from PR to Encore, but Encore still does the process.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2013 7:10 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Stan Jones wrote:

(Neil, you out there? Ha, ha!)

I surely am.

The replication company are perfectly correct here - there are indeed missing files.

I am not 100% certain here but am not convinced Encore can handle DVD-Video enhanced format properly - if you need to try this again I can highly recommend building the replication master with GEAR Pro Mastering Edition - this will give you 30 days fully functional operation in trial mode, and it IS capable of correctly formatting for replication via DDP image.

DDP is better than written playable discs simply because there are automatic checksums applied (you are missing the PQ Descriptor file and the MDS Checksum file). The Checksum can be created after the event using a tool such as the superb HKSFV application. See here for a full description of the DDP protocols. DDP has checks against corrupted data in the way that playable discs do not have.

They are simply wrong about PQDESCR though - this is a substream information file for PQ coding, which is CD-DA and not DVD.....what you should get in a DVD DDP layer is as follows:

CHECKSUM.TXT

CONTROL.DAT

DDPID

IMAGE.DAT

For Dual layer discs, you get the above in Layer 0 and in Layer 1 you will be missing CONTROL.DAT as it is already there in the Layer 0 folders.

Hope this helps in future - I feel a sticky article coming on.....

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2013 8:11 AM   in reply to Neil Wilkes

I feel a sticky article coming on.....

Hear, hear!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status