Skip navigation
KFPerkins383
Currently Being Moderated

Collection is Empty

May 21, 2013 5:24 PM

Tags: #problem #adobe #bridge #bridge_cs5 #collections

I have Bridge CS 5. I have a collection that has suddenly gone empty. It had files in it. I restarted Bridge. Now the collection is empty. All of my other collections are intact. Any ideas as to what happened or how to get that collection back? All of the files are stored on an external hard drive.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 21, 2013 6:22 PM   in reply to KFPerkins383

THere really are no files stored in a collection.  It just stores the address the file has and recalls them to the screen when you call.  If you change the location you will bust your collection.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 1:09 AM   in reply to KFPerkins383

But what was the actual location of the files (not the aliases or shortcuts that populate the colection)?

If they were on a CD or DVD, for example, the collection won't find them.  The volume where they reside must be mounted.

Another example would be if the original files are on a FireWire or USB external drive that is no longer mounted, or on a server that has been disconnected.

What platform are you on?  Macintosh or Windows.  More details are needed.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers: 

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 2:32 AM   in reply to KFPerkins383

In CS5 there was a bug that if the path/filename contains an apostrophe, all files after that will not be shown.

Make sure you have all the updates installed.

I did write a script to try and fix these errors here..

http://www.scriptsrus.talktalk.net/FixCollection.htm

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points