I'm having a problem that whenever I used arabian language which I have bought from a company named Scribedoor, the illsutrator will hang on me. Sometimes, after I had saved the file it will be corrupted.
Pls help advise whether it is compatibility issue here. I've having stuck here as Scibedoor technical support does not support my region.
Thank you for the quick reply.
System is Windows 7.
There is no particular name for arabic fonts. The arabic fonts from Scribedoor work in such a way that no matter what english fonts we use in the default illustrator, it can be translated to arabic scripting. E.g When you type, "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" in Times New Romans or Tahoma, it will help to translate that into arabic scripting automatically.
However, once I place the fonts on the illustrator canvas, and when I try to zoom in then it hangs. Other times in other illustrator file which also used the same arabic fonts, when I try to open it says, "File cannot be open as it is corrupted."
Can you move the Arabic fonts out of the fonts folder and put one of them back in, to see whether that works?
If you can find one that works, you may try to put others back in in groups, to see whether specific fonts are corrupt and make the mess. If so, just leave them out.
Illy is particularly particular about the quality of fonts. Some dodgy ones may fool others, but she spots them.
Thank you for your reply.
Sorry, maybe i should be clearer. The scribedoor product does not contain any arabic font file.
It simply convert automatically while we are typing, from whatever english fonts/words into arabic scripting/words.
You asks a very good perspective question.
To change a certain type of arabic font, the changes by far can only be made depends very much on the type of english fonts that user choose to use.
For example, If you type Times New Romans in english, Scribedoor will appear TImes New Romans style but in arabic translated text. If you use Tahoma, the Scribedoor simply changes the english words to arabic translated text in Tahoma style.
So but the real problem occurs when I try to zoom in to see the file at a closer look then it hangs. Other times in other illustrator file which also used the same english-converted-to-arabic style, when I try to open it says, "File cannot be open as it is corrupted."
I have done the convention troubleshooting by uninstall both the scribedoor and illustrator and install again but the issue persist.
When uninstalling and reinstalling (not the most likely solution), you should always use the Cleaner Tool in between.
There does not seem to be a well known compatibility issue using Scribedoor.
If you're using the normal OpenType system fonts, you should have no problems at all. Sounds more like the tool is storing some bad plug-in data in your files that correlates the original input with teh translated version. I'd check their support and investigate the issue.
I suggested the uninstall/Cleaner Tool/reinstall because you had already tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Normally, it is a last resort.
You may do it if the investigation suggested by Lutz fails to produce a solution, and if no one else comes up with something.
Do you mind explain what are OpenType System Fonts? Will TImes New Romans considered such? I've got a feeling it may be as you said that its "more like the tool is storing some bad plug-in data in your files that correlates the original input with teh translated version."
Also, just so I understand correctly, will you be checking the scrobedoor support from your side to investigate the issue? Coz the only avenue for me is to submit a form, which I had and wait for 1.5 months with no reply. I have attempted using their facebook page and leave a comment. Still no response.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Point taken. Will wait for MyLenium's reply before deciding whether to proceed with uninstallation.
It sounds like mylenium is correct but to be more specific because of the zoom issue I wou;d say one or more of the fonts you use is causing the utilitiy to bloat the font cache an that though there might not ba any arabic fonts that doies not mean there is not a corrupt font, it could be one of the roman fonts which is causing the problem.
Now first you would have to clear the font cache files, I do not recall how to do this with Windows 7 but Mylenium or Jacob would know how so they might be able to guide you once you have cleared the font cache you have to follow some directions jacob has on his website about resetting the preferences as well.
Perhaps this will lead to a solution to your rather disturbing problem.