Skip navigation
joshlab
Currently Being Moderated

illustrator CS 5.5 hangs or file corrupted whenever arabian language is used

May 21, 2013 9:19 PM

Tags: #scribedoor #ariabian

Hi all,

I'm having a problem that whenever I used arabian language which I have bought from a company named Scribedoor, the illsutrator will hang on me. Sometimes, after I had saved the file it will be corrupted.

Pls help advise whether it is compatibility issue here. I've having stuck here as Scibedoor technical support does not support my region.

Many thanks.

Josh.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 21, 2013 11:08 PM   in reply to joshlab

What system? What fonts do you use? What else?

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 2:07 AM   in reply to joshlab

Josh,

Can you move the Arabic fonts out of the fonts folder and put one of them back in, to see whether that works?

If you can find one that works, you may try to put others back in in groups, to see whether specific fonts are corrupt and make the mess. If so, just leave them out.

Illy is particularly particular about the quality of fonts. Some dodgy ones may fool others, but she spots them.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 2:36 AM   in reply to joshlab

Ah, Josh.

So it does not invoke any Arabic font either?

Pondering.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 3:04 AM   in reply to joshlab

Josh,

When uninstalling and reinstalling (not the most likely solution), you should always use the Cleaner Tool in between.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

There does not seem to be a well known compatibility issue using Scribedoor.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 7:05 AM   in reply to joshlab

If you're using the normal OpenType system fonts, you should have no problems at all. Sounds more like the tool is storing some bad plug-in data in your files that correlates the original input with teh translated version. I'd check their support and investigate the issue.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 8:08 AM   in reply to joshlab

Josh,

I suggested the uninstall/Cleaner Tool/reinstall because you had already tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Normally, it is a last resort.

You may do it if the investigation suggested by Lutz fails to produce a solution, and if no one else comes up with something.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 8:48 PM   in reply to joshlab

It sounds like mylenium is correct but to be more specific because of the zoom issue I wou;d say one or more of the fonts you use is causing the utilitiy to bloat the font cache an that though there might not ba any arabic fonts that doies not mean there is not a corrupt font, it could be one of the roman fonts which is causing the problem.

Now first you would have to clear the font cache files, I do not recall how to do this with Windows 7 but Mylenium or Jacob would know how so they might be able to guide you once you have cleared the font cache you have to follow some directions jacob has on his website about resetting the preferences as well.

Perhaps this will lead to a solution to your rather disturbing problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points