Skip navigation
Romulox206
Currently Being Moderated

Trouble uploading videos to YouTube

May 21, 2013 7:54 PM

Tags: #youtube_problems #uploading_problems #youtube_upload

Hi, I'm working with Adobe Premiere Elements 11. I keep clicking "Publish+Share" to upload my video to YouTube, but every time I try it either gives me an error message (saying something along the lines of the file couldn't be read, can't remember the message specifically), or it only uploads like the first 10-20 seconds of the video (not the whole video). I want to upload the entire video, which is a little over 3 minutes long. I've searched all over these forums and Google, but I can't find the solution to this problem. I also tried re-starting the program, but no luck.

I've managed to upload entire videos before, it's only lately that I've been encountering this problem. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 21, 2013 8:58 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

If you are in a time crunch, then best export your Timeline content to an appropriate .mp4 file and upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site. It would be a good troubleshooting start to pin point the cause of the problem.

As for remedying your present situation,

1. Let us know the exact error message that you are getting.

2. What is on that 3 minute Timeline (what is your project preset and what are the properties of your source media)?. See Edit Menu/Project Settings if you do not recall what you or the program set for project preset. What Publish+Share/Online/YouTube preset are you selecting? Are you having any Internet problems? Have you checked out Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing?

You say this all worked for you previously. How long ago was that? Any changes in your computer environment that set in about the time of the problem onset? Is your computer optimized?

Let us start here and see where your answers lead us.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 9:19 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

It just may be a YouTube problem at the other end that you will need to wait out. But, as for .mp4 export, please give a look at

Premiere Elements 11

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with preset of either

a. YouTube Widescreen HD

or

b. YouTube Widescreen SD

depending on the properties of your source media.

We will be watching for your results. Probably in the light of day since it is after midnight where I am.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 9:27 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

Sounding good.

We will be watching for your results. I will be signing off in a few moments.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 6:42 AM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

Thanks for the good news.

If you have not already, please check out your computer resources and the need for any maintenance with regard to Premiere Elements preview files and conformed video and audio files pile ups on the computer hard drive. But then again the problem could have been generated on the YouTube side or Premiere Elements project side.

The follow up was much appreciated. Continued success.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 2:32 PM   in reply to Romulox206

For "Error Compiling Movie... " see this article, as it might help: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4172254#4172254

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 2:34 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

Now, while the problem exists in your Premiere Elements in your computer environment, it would be a good time to try exporting your Timeline to file and then exporting file to YouTube at the YouTube web site to see if you run into problems going that route.

Whether from within Premiere Elements to YouTube or with the upload of the export of the Timeline going to YouTube at the YouTube web site, the content is being converted to flash video. So, testing both routes to the end result would give us valuable troubleshooting information.

Thanks for the follow up. We will continue to try to pin point the core of the issue.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 2:43 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

I just saw you latest post after I just posted #12.

That was very interesting. That result seems to be now focusing on the Timeline content as well as your export conditions and directing us away from YouTube.

Just in case message, you do have the latest version of QuickTime installed. Correct?

Please check out the following article which was written by Adobe for Premiere Elements.

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/error-error-compiling-movi e-render.html

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 2:49 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

I wrote about that in a previous post in this thread. One way would be:

It just may be a YouTube problem at the other end that you will need to wait out. But, as for .mp4 export, please give a look at

Premiere Elements 11

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with preset of either

a. YouTube Widescreen HD

or

b. YouTube Widescreen SD

depending on the properties of your source media.

You designate the save location before the export. Then, after the export, you upload that .mp4 files from its hard drive save location to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

When you got the Error Compiling Movie message what export route were you using?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 3:33 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

If you are going to try the removal of video effects in your troubleshooting, I would recommend that you go File Menu/Save A Copy and work your troubleshooting from the copy.

But,

a. What is your project preset for this video (Edit Menu/Project Settings)?

b. What is the video format on that Timeline 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080 or other?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 3:48 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

Update...

a. That Adobe Tech Note is showing what looks like the Properties Palette of a version earlier than 11. In version 11, it would be Applied Effect Palette and then the panels for the effects there.

b. Go ahead and disable the AutoSave (Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoSave).

c. If you have .mts files, I am guessing that they are 1920 x 1080 at either 29.97 interlaced or progressive frames per second. Correct?

Besides ruling in or out the applied effects, look to the placement of transitions.

I will be adding another export route to try in a few moments.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 4:03 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

Do you have the copy of the project to work on?

If so, expand the Timeline with the -+ sliders over the Timeline so you get a good look at the frames.

Check for thin vertical black lines scattered about the Timeline contents.

Look for any irregularies in the placement of transitions. Remove all the effects in the Applied Effects/Panel for an effect.

Because of the results that you are getting from Vimeo and other, I now feel that the answer is in that Timeline tracks construction.

A quick test might be to import one of those .mts into a new project (no editing) and try the export to AVCHD.mp4 that you have been trying and are now getting Error Compiling Movie.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 4:14 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox20

One of my post got blown away by the system, so I am re-writing some requests

1. Please right click file in Project Assets, select Properties, and see what it says for Image Size and Frame Rate.

2. If I have not asked already, what do you see for Editing Mode, frame rate et al in Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

More later depending on how things are progressing with your troubleshooting.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 4:42 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

First thing that caught my attention from the latest screenshot is that your video properties are 1920 x 1080 @ 25 frames per second (a typical PAL area frame rate) and your project settings are for a 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second project (a typical NTSC area frame rate). From this type of data, I do not know if that is a progressive or interlaced frame rate for your source.

With that source media, the project preset should be PAL AVCHD Full HD1080i25 if you have interlaced video. If progressive, then you would find your correct project preset under PAL DSLR.

Is your computer installed as English/USA or other? Depending on your installation type, your project may be defaulting to the default NTSC project preset for verison 11, that is 1080i...1080i30 for NTSC and 1080i25 for PAL. To set your own project preset, see File Menu/New/Project, changing the setting there and making sure to put a check mark next to Force Select Project Setting on this project. Right now I am uncertain as to whether or not the above would mess you up with regard to those export whose settings define its export.

Have you ruled in or out all the other considerations referred to in the latest posts, using the copy of the problem project?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 5:15 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

I am with you until we work this out. So do not worry about too many questions, small or big.

Given that you have either PAL AVCHD 1920 x 1080 @ 25 interlaced frames per second or PAL AVCHD 1920 x 1080 @ 25 progressive frames per second.

If interlaced footage, then you will be using the project preset (new project dialog)

PAL

AVCHD

Full

1080i25.

If progressive footage, then you will be using the project preset (new project dialog)

PAL

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p25

Next, how to.

Open a Premiere Elements 11 new project and immediately go to File Menu/New/Project.

In the new project dialog, find the appropriate project preset based on the information supplied previously.

Make sure that you put a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project" before existing the new project dialog.

At that point, use Add Media to import your .mts file into Project Assets and from there drag the file to the Timeline.

Side note: PAL and NTSC do not have the same significance for HD as they do for SD, but the frame rates remain a consideration for regional purposes.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 6:03 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

When project opens, go to File Menu/New/Project

You should then see the New Project Dialog

PE11NewProjectDialog.JPG

Click on Change Settings to see:

PALAVCHD.JPG

The above is what it will look like as you select PAL AVCHD Full HD1080i25 if your footage is interlaced

If you have progressive video, you choice would look like that below

PALDSLR.JPG

When you click OK to the above setting area, you should see what is shown in the next screenshot (this one represents the interlaced choice

ExitingView.JPG

Please let me know if you are OK with the above details.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 6:12 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

What are you doing in the NTSC instead of the PAL area?

Why are you selecting NTSC AVCHD 1080p60, when you previously said (or I thought you said) that your video was PAL ACVHD Full 1080 25. The only question seemed to be whether it was 25 interlaced frames per second or 25 progressive frames per second.

Please review and advise.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 6:47 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

Looking good.

Just have the blue band on either the

PAL AVCHD choice of Full HD1080i25

or

PAL DLSC choice of DSLR 1080p25

before you check OK.

In the next dialog after there that OK, just make sure that you have a check mark next to Force Selected Project Setting on this Project, OK, and we are ready to go.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 6:59 PM   in reply to Romulox206

Romulox206

Each project (project.prel file) will have its own settings that either you or the program set for you.

But do verify the settings for each new project. Just do not assume that the settings for the last project will be retained in the settings area from project to project. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Above all, do not move or delete source media that went into any project after the project(s) were saved/closed. Bad news if you do. Missing media headaches.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points