• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type Coercion failures with MovieClips in ASC 2.0

Explorer ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, i am seeing this Type Coercion problem with SWCs containing MovieClip assets in 3.7 and 3.8 versions of ASC 2.0

here is the bug i filed: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3562040

Adobe: would love to see a fix in the next beta update if possible so i dont have to go back to the flex compiler. I posted this accidentally in the Flex group, so sorry about hte cross post, want to be sure adobe sees it, my bug, and can issue a fix.

Basically, when i compile using ASC 2.0 and am calling assets from a SWC generated in Flash CS6, i get an intermittent type coercion error. What seems to trigger this is adding a child of a MovieClip in the SWC to the stage of a Sprite not in the SWC (generated programatically).

Exception fault: TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert flash.display::MovieClip@d7dd431 to assets.ui.GoButtonAsset.

at flash.display::Sprite/constructChildren()

at flash.display::Sprite()

at flash.display::MovieClip()

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else seeing this? it's really killing a few of my projects right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can have someone take a look.  Could you do me a favor and add a sample project to the bug report or email it to ccampbel@adobe.com if you'd like to keep it private?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Me too".

We also switched to ASC 2.0 and are experiencing this at random intervals. We have older SWC files (SWF version 11) and when an instance of the movieclip extended class is created, the error is thrown.

What's even more strange is, that this seems to be decided at build time. Whenever I build the code on my dev PC, I never got this sort of error so far. When we build the code on the build server (linux, java 1.6.0_24) the resulting binaries sometines thrw the error, sometimes not. When the error is presenting it self, it is ther always, 100% repeatable. If the error is not there, it is never there.

We experience this on AIR platform Windows 3.7 and on Flash platform (FP 11.7).

Looking at the SWF, it seems they arn't that much different.

Any progess here?

Best,

Damjan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add that this is also my expereince in terms of it happening at compile time. once a SWF is compiled, it will have the error in it, at the same place every time. if you compile a few times until you find one that doenst trigger it, it will then never trigger it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please add a sample project to the bug reported. This will help us investigating the issue.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just attached it, hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a big comment to the task, explaining my findings so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are able to reproduce the issue and now investigating it.

Thanks for reporting,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a year since this post and this problem hasn't been resolved! This is unacceptable Adobe! Why is the bug closed when it isn't even fixed? I'm still experiencing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also currently seeing this issue with the Air 14.0.0.143 Beta SDK. Maybe the problem has been reintroduced in a recent version of the SDK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem as described above. Might not be related, but I've also noticed that sometimes when I instantiate a BitmapData from a .swc library, its dimensions are 0x0. Works fine with the Flex compiler though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - 2015 and this is still a problem.  I have just moved over to ASC 2.0 and my entire app is broken at random points because assets in the SWC that extend MovieClip are not always loading.

[Fault] exception, information=TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert flash.display::MovieClip@a5e3701 to com.spiral9.yogm.assets.TitlebarUI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, confirming this issue. I am unable to build our project with ASC2. It works with the legacy flex compiler without a problem, but latest stable ASC2 compiler (and various versions back) suffer from this. I have reduced my project only to the one SWC with graphic assets (built in latest Flash Pro CC) and Flex 4.6, which is used ONLY for BlazeDS and some minor stuf. No MXML at all etc. Please, correct this....it is killing us... (I have spent days on this, I think it is could be connected to the badly shared or just badly copied Library Symbols in Flash Pro. Recreating - not duplicating - some symbols helps for some projects, but when you have 500 assets?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, We are looking into this case.

The project, Test Project.zip, uploaded by you worked fine on Flash builder with AIRSDK 16 .

Kindly let us know the exact steps to reproduce this error. Also please note that, we cannot overlay ASC2 compiler SDK on Flex SDK's. It needs non ASC 2 compiler to be used.

Kindly send us a sample project and steps to reproduce this issue.

Roshan

Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roshan, definitely happening with ASC2 SDK without Flex. Could it be related to the .swc files exported in Flash CC with an older version of the SDK? I think I read that somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce the bug you reported as I used the resources you attached.

Please let me know the following.

Air sdk version Used and the resources you used to reproduce this bug.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roshan,

I am happy to send you our .swc file with some instructions how to reproduce the error, can you give me your email address?

The error occurs when compiling for iOS. Currently I am compiling my iOS app on debug interpreter build with Air SDK 17.0.0.105 and the swc file I tested both with Air 14 (FlashCC default) and Air 17.0.0.105, the error occurs in both cases. Testing happens on an actual device. The .swc file is fully included and resources are loaded in the app with new (Class(getDefintinitionByClassName("resourceName")))(). Most resources load fine, some dont.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My email address is chhetri@adobe.com

Please send us the instruction to reproduce this bug,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent, attachement is >50MB, let me know if there are problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send it through dropbox. and share the link. you can send me the steps to reproduce via mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roshan,

We've been dealing with this issue for years as well. Some builds of the project randomly don't work - there is a build process race condition sometimes triggered when using ASC 2 & SWC assets. Did you or anyone else take a look at this - if so could you please report back here any workarounds etc that you have found?

Cheers,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave/All,

We have been able to reproduce this issue at our end. currently our team is looking at this.

Will update as soon as we have the fix/workaround on this.

Roshan

Adobe Air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines