Skip navigation
shabby59
Currently Being Moderated

In PE 9 why don't I see scene stills in the timeline?

May 21, 2013 8:23 PM

Tags: #problem #premiere_elements_9

I posted earlier & now thought of the term to use. I don't have the stills of a video in the timeline that I did in PE 7.  Is this something new in 9? It makes it hard to find sections of a video to work on!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 21, 2013 8:47 PM   in reply to shabby59

shabby59

Premiere Elements 7 and 9.0/9.0.1 are essentially the same with regard to import and Timeline viewing so I do need more information.

1. What do you mean by "stills of video"? Are you referring to thumbnails (frames of a video as displayed on the Timeline tracks of the Timeline view or Scenes in the Filmstrip of the Sceneline view? Even though you do say "timeline", please verify if you are working in Timeline or Sceneline view.

2. Now I just had an idea of what you ran into. Check this out. In Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 there is a new handling of the tracks. There is an opened and closed version. To open a track that you are used to seeing opened all the time in version7, you need to click on the triangle at the left edge of the track, moving it from facing right to facing down.

The more I think of it, the more I think that is to what you are referring.

We will be watching for your reply. If the above is not the explanation, we will look into this further.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 9:13 PM   in reply to shabby59

shabby

There is an answer for that. And, it is called Video Track Display Style.

Look to the left of where it says Video 1. You should see a filmstrip looking icon. It can be toggled to yield 4 differ styles

a. one image thumbnail to far left

b. no thumbnails, just a vertical line running through

c. all image thumbnails across

d. one image thumbnails at the beginning and one image thumbnail at the end

I checked. Premiere Elements 7 has that same Video Track Display Style offering, but the icon looks differently (but it is in the same place as the filmstrip counterpart in Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1.

Please review and let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 9:30 PM   in reply to shabby59

shabby59

Great, great news. Thanks for follow up.

I was just about to get ready to sign off (after midnight where I am), but I am glad I delayed so that I got your great news.

Continued success.

Do not forget to install the 9.0.1 Update (Check Help Menu/Updates).

Thanks. again.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points