Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CC adjustments - no visual feedback!

May 21, 2013 9:13 PM

Hello everyone,

As a fairly recent FCP convert I'm really missing the ability to see CC tweaks as I adjust the sliders - the highlight, mid and shadow points in particular. Any way to do this in Premiere?

When I'm working on material and push the sliders around the image doesn't update till a second or two after I release the slider. It's REALLY frustrating when grading because it essentially means I'm grading by approximation. What's going on, Adobe?

Otherwise finding the Premiere experience great and wish I switched to it years ago.

Cheers.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 21, 2013 9:19 PM   in reply to PaulM-Aus

Sorry, but you have to be more specific.

If I use the Fast Color Corrector it responds in real time.

Same with the Three Way Color Corrector.

What graphics card are you using? Is it a CUDA card and is it on the list, or if not on the list, have you deleted the list so that you can have the Mercury Hardware accelerator set up?

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 9:39 PM   in reply to PaulM-Aus

Paul,

Yes, it is an Nvidia thing and it makes Premiere Pro work so much faster than I seldom even have to render anymore. Seriosuly. You really ought to try out the GTX670 like mine, or splurge on the GTX680. And if you ever use After Effects you should go with the 4GB RAM instead of the 2GB cards.

The list of approved cards is just the ones that Adobe has tested. The GTX670 like mine is not on the list so if I delete the list the software allows mine to work instead of limiting it to the cards on the list. Odd, but true.

I believe that there are non Nvidia cards on the list in Premiere Pro CC that Premiere Pro can use to hand off processing to the GPU instead of using the CPU. So maybe come June 17th you will be in good shape.

In the meantime, I turned off my hardware accelleration and the Three Way Color Corrector still works in real time, so maybe you need to provide more CPU cycles to Premiere Pro? Or more RAM? Or maybe put your cache files on a faster drive?

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 10:49 PM   in reply to PaulM-Aus

Well, glad you found the cause. From what little I have seen of the new CC coming out in June, sharing projects is part of the benefits of the new software. I hope it helps you out.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points