Skip navigation
feeeeeeee
Currently Being Moderated

Tabbing from text box to text box using a short cut?

May 21, 2013 11:23 PM

Tags: #problem #text #indesign_cs6

I was wondering if it is possible to tab from an unlinked text box to another unlinked text box using a short cut? The documents that I primary work on have a lot of individual text boxes and I would love to be able to tab to each box rather using my mouse and selcecting the box and clicking into the copy. Is this even possible as I cant find it on any of the other forums? thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2013 12:05 AM   in reply to feeeeeeee

There is a "Select" sub menu under the "Object" menu where you can chose "Next Object" or "Previous Object". However you cannot decide to execute that on a specific type of object (e.g. text frames). But you can apply keyboard shortcuts.

The order is not the geometric order based on left to right etc., but the building order of the elements and constrained to the active layer and the active spread. So, if your text frames are all on a distinct layer, you could use this feature very well spread wise.

If you want to select a specific type of object one after another without layer or spread barrier, someone has to write a script for it ;-) Or, there is already a script out in the wild… Don't know…

Uwe

|
    Mark as:
  • jmlevy
    479 posts
    Oct 30, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2013 2:01 AM   in reply to feeeeeeee

You can assign a shortcut to thhis submenu command.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2013 4:18 AM   in reply to feeeeeeee

Pay a visit to the Scripting Forum: InDesign Scripting

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers