Skip navigation
dhas111111
Currently Being Moderated

Change NewBlueFx folder location

May 22, 2013 11:38 AM

Hi guys,

I've justed installed Premiere 11 and would like to change the location of the 'NewBlueFx' folder it's installed in My Documents. Can anyone tell me where I can adjust this? I can't find an option in any of the preferences screens. It would also be nice to be able to change the location of the Premiere Elements folder it also installed to My Documents (probably wasn't paying enough attention when I installed). Would appreciate your advice.

Regards

Daniel

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2013 12:31 PM   in reply to dhas111111

Daniel

I will do more homework on your question, but the following have been my experiences with the questions that you present....

a. I can direct much of the Adobe Folder/Premiere Elements/11.0 content in Documents to an external hard drive folder via Premiere Elements 11 Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks. Leaving the settings in Preferences as Same As Project can be a complication.

b. The location of the project.prel has always been determined by the Save In: of the new project dialog. That becomes more of a challenge since now the program is setting the project preset (new project dialog) using the default Adobe Folder location in Documents. So, to get to the new project dialog, one needs to set the Save In of the new project dialog manually (File Menu/New/Project) and hope that it stays fixed as you go from project to project, especially when the program is left to set the project preset.

c. All that being said, even with the above relocating, I have been finding the Adobe Folder/Premiere Elements/11 being regenerated with essentially minimal log files while the important Scratch files are going to the external hard drive save location.

As for your New Blue FX Folder. That appears to be a folder with log files. Have you tried deleting it? If so, is it regenerating when you start the computer and/or open/close Premiere Elements 11 project? Mine had nothing in it but log files. I deleted it. It has not come back "so far". No problems encountered so far. But that move is still under investigation.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2013 2:16 PM   in reply to dhas111111

dhas111111

Thanks for the follow up.

You should be OK to delete the 11.0 Folder in the Adobe Folder in Documents for all forthcoming projects.

But, no matter what I do after the locations settings that I do, the 11.0 Folder is regenerated and contains

a. Layout Folder, empty

b. a session log

c. a project log

d. Styles Folder, with a tempworkingset.prsl inside

The project.prel, Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Folder Folder, Media Cache, and the rest are all on the external hard drive.

If you are using AutoSave feature, the AutoSave saves should follow to the project.prel location. The key is to check periodically all setting to determine if they are holding as set.

If you have done some projects already and have their scratch files in the 11.0 Folder to be delected in Documents, the worse case scenario would be:

a. Deletion of Preview Files...if indicated you would need to render again in the project that they trace back to.

b. Media Cache...conformed audio (cfa and pek files) would be regenerated automatically by the program when and if needed.

Giant concern...do not move the source media that were imported into a project after the project was saved closed. Nasty Media Offline (Missing Media Messages) that need to be dealt with in that case.

Please review and let us know if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

There is a large amount of conformed video files (.mcdb) tucked away on the hard drive in the location shown in Edit Menu/Preferences/Media. You can clean them out there. I have never been able to move that folder from its hard drive location. More on that another time if necessary.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points