Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Lost DW8 disk

May 22, 2013 5:48 PM

I purchased DW8 around 2009 and I know the serial number from my account details. Unfortunately I lost the DW8 disk.

I also purchased DW5.5 upgrade and still have the disk.

I want to install DW on a second computer. If I install the DW5.5 upgrade will it install   without having the DW8 disk. If I'm asked for the DW8 serial number in the install procedure I can obviously provide it.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2013 6:25 PM   in reply to gbotour

Dreamweaver CS5.5 is a supported version. If you upgraded from DW 8 to DW CS5.5, and need help, I suggest that you contact customer support. Did you try installing DW CS5.5 and see what happens?

Link to our support page: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2013 7:06 PM   in reply to gbotour

What is the exact problem you're encountering?

If you want to install CS5.5 then you do not need to first install DW8.

Just install the CS5.5 upgrade (which includes the full program code) and then enter the CS5.5 upgrade serial number then enter the DW8 serial number when prompted.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 12:58 AM   in reply to gbotour

If I can just install the upgrade and enter both serial numbers then that would be fine.

Yes, that's how I've done it for several years.

it still doesn't seem clear to me that you can install the cloud version of CS6 on two computers and use them at the same time.

The Cloud FAQ is clear enough.

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

Can I use the software I download from Creative Cloud on multiple computers?

Yes, you can use Creative Cloud desktop applications on two computers at once, regardless of operating system, for the individual associated with the Creative Cloud membership.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points