Skip navigation
CMNMCreativeTeam
Currently Being Moderated

EPS files from InDesign CS6

May 23, 2013 8:42 AM

Tags: #cs6

Are there special settings for exporting an EPS from a facing page document in CS6?

When exporting an EPS from CS6 we show are larger bleed on the outside of all right hand read pages that have a facing page. Our douments are set up with .25" on the top, bottom and outside, once EPSed the file comes out with and extra .25" bleed on the outside (total of .5" bleed). Page one, that has no facing page, does not have this problem. When changing the document to have all single page display, we are able to export all odd and even pages without a problem with the bleed.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2013 12:27 PM   in reply to CMNMCreativeTeam

Exporting to EPS makes me think I'm living back in the 1990s. Why are you using this workflow?

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2013 12:35 PM   in reply to Steve Werner

And how are checking this?

Hint: If you're opening the EPS you're doing it wrong.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2013 2:30 PM   in reply to CMNMCreativeTeam

Why in the name of the year 2013 are you doing this? I know it's not

answering your question but that is an absolutely horrible workflow.

Export the PDF and be done with it.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2013 9:50 PM   in reply to CMNMCreativeTeam

CMNMCreativeTeam schrieb:

This question is not about the process, but rather the settings in InDesign. Are there special settings for exporting an EPS?

The problem is your process! Avoid using PostScript at all, no EPS, no Distiller and you will get rid of the asked problem.

Direct export to pdf from InDesign should give you a correct result of what you want to get when you export an eps and put it through the Distiller.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2013 10:14 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

You realize that pdfs are bloated when using Indesign's pdf export right?  Also font errors can occur, while rare, in Indesign's pdf export vs through distiller. Working in the real world of print you would understand this.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2013 10:11 AM   in reply to CMNMCreativeTeam

Sorry, I am not sure what exactly is going on. I am having my own issue with .eps right now. But one alternative you can do is print to .PS. It gives you more options than .EPS export.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2013 10:20 AM   in reply to dale223223223

The last thing I worry about when sending a PDF for print is the size of it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2013 10:33 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Might matter to some. Pages will process faster. Shaving 8MB off one spread (13.3 vs 5.3mb) is nice. Archives will be less bloated. But if it doesn't matter to you then that's fine. Some people care.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points