Skip navigation
1WingDr
Currently Being Moderated

Problem downloading Premiere Elements 11

May 23, 2013 5:44 PM

I have a purchased copy of Premiere Elements 11.  I previously downloaded it onto my computer a couple months ago.  Although my computer is only 9 months old, I recently had to have it wiped clean and reloaded. This means I have to reload the Elements 11 again.  I do have the serial number and have followed the run.exe protocol to the letter several times but every time when I get to the dialogue box that asks for the language and I answer the download stops.

I coach football and i desperately need this program for editing my football films.

Thank you in advance.

John Ward

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2013 5:57 PM   in reply to 1WingDr

John,

Welcome to the forum.

Since your computer was wiped, and everything reinstalled, my first look would be toward the security settings in your OS and your browser. Since you are downloading from a trusted site, you might want to drop the security settings down, and disable any firewall (main reasons why an Adobe download fails).

Also, if you have any anti-virus, anti-malware or really any anti-anything, I would turn those OFF, as well.

Just do not forget to reset the security settings, and turn your anti-whatever back ON.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2013 6:18 PM   in reply to 1WingDr

What is the URL, that you are attempting to download from?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2013 9:02 PM   in reply to 1WingDr

To clarify... Download means to copy a file from an Internet location to your computer

Install means to put a program on your computer so it will run... either from a file you downloaded, or from a disc

Which are you doing right now... downloading from the Internet, or installing?

Also... when you download a program, you should also write a backup copy to CD or DVD so you do not have to download again

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2013 6:25 AM   in reply to 1WingDr

Since you are installling, not downloading, you might try the Adobe chat help... the person there (with your permission) may remotely look into your computer, which no other user may do, to try and help

Forum for Download & Install & Setup problems

http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup

Chat http://www.adobe.com/support/download-install/supportinfo/

-or http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2013 8:26 AM   in reply to John T Smith

John T.,

Good catch. Until Reply #5, I thought that the issue was with the physical downloading of the installation file from the Adobe Web site. You saw something, that I missed, and asked the proper question.

Thanks,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2013 9:38 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

What I saw (actually, remembered) is that many posts over the past few months (from new users of the software and/or computing in general) have used "downloading" when they actually meant "installing" - so I asked for clarification

Now, back to the OP (Original Poster)

With a wiped and freshly installed computer, the POSSIBLE cause is that something that was on the computer before has not been re-installed

So... some basic questions

These questions below may be for a different product... but the information you need to supply is the same, for the products you use
    -Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Beginning with... Windows or Mac... and going on to the EXACT brand/model of your computer and the EXACT brand/model of your graphics adapter and the EXACT device driver number

IF you have an nVidia graphics adapter card...

How to determine your nVidia driver version

Right click in any open area of the Windows desktop

Select NVIDIA Control Panel from the popup window

Select SYSTEM INFORMATION at the lower left corner

Driver version should be the 1st line in Details

I have a GTX285 using driver 296.10 and Win7

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status