Skip navigation
Ashk00
Currently Being Moderated

how do i reattach audio to my timeline?

May 24, 2013 1:14 AM

Tags: #audio_video_timeline_

I recieved the full audio mix from my sound guy. I deleted the original track from the window just to have his full mix working. I know need to re-edit sections and i need the original sound files to do it. How do i get the audio no when there's only video on my timelone?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 24, 2013 9:14 PM   in reply to Ashk00

You're only hope here is Undo.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2013 11:25 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Or go back to some saved version that is before the audio was deleted.

Or, put another copy of the video on the timeline and attempt to cut and line it up the same way.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 3:52 AM   in reply to Ashk00

Glad you found a solution.  Would "match frame" have worked?  That's what I would have tried first (granted, that's an old FCP method).  Select the first video clip, hit "f" to match frame and bring up the clip in the source monitor, edit only the audio down (I'd put it on a different, lower track).  That way the effects on the video would be preserved.

Also, as an aside, whenever I'm making large changes to a project (like deleting entire tracks) I always duplicate the project in the project folder and name it "project_name_ARCHIVE_05_24_13".  That way I can always, easily, go back if I find I've made a mistake.  I'm in the middle of a huge five camera multicam right now and I make an archive copy almost every day.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points